• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to shoplift...

Background:
    • I work in a pharmacy
    • Company policy requires that we get ID for any controlled prescriptions

A young-ish woman came up to the counter, and asked for us to fill some scripts that she had just gotten from the E-room. Sure, no problem. One of them was for a popular pain med, so I asked for ID.

C: Why do you need Id?

Me: (lying, because people complain less this way) Its the law, I have to for this type of prescription.

C: Oh... My ID's got stolen a while ago, can't you just fill it this once?

Me: I'm sorry, you'll either have to get an ID for me, or I can't fill this for you.

C: Oh. OK.

She leaves, but 15 minutes later comes back.

C: Can you use my Adult Entertainment License as ID and fill my prescription?

I take a look, and sure enough, there's a picture and an ID#. As I used to work in that industry myself, I know that this is a legal form of ID, not just a club's way of keeping track of their people.

Me: Sure, I can use that. Give me 20 minutes or so, and I should have it ready.

I enter it in the computer, and actually have it ready in about 10 minutes... and she showed up an hour later- after her mother had come inside looking for her. She picked up the meds and left with her mother, who was aparrently playing taxi for her.

Half an hour later, I got a phone call from the mother, asking if her daughter still needed a ride home. This suprised me, as I had thought they left together. After a few questions, I understood the problem.

The daughter had spent the time before picking up her meds wandering around the store and slipping various items into neat little hiding spots on her person. When she tried to leave, our awesome security guard hauled her upstairs. At the mother's request, I went up and talked to him, to see if her mom needed to wait any longer in the parking lot to drive her home.

He laughed, and replied, "She's won a free ride and an overnight stay in the Gray Bar Motel."

OK. Daughter is a stripper. Unless they are awful, they can make $500 a night EASILY. Some of the girls I know make a couple thousand a night. Pretty dumb to steal shit while getting narcotics- especially when you have an income like that.

The more strippers I meet, the more I regret doing that. It tosses me into the same category as this idiot.

Ehe, don't feel bad. The hotel I worked at seemed to get the same woman hired a lot to entertain in the rooms. Her bodyguard stood outside with the key; if she called for help, he was there. The bodyguard was her son. They seemed like pretty cool people, just making a living. And if the guest was willing to pay $200 for a show, more power to them.

Hey, what went on in their room was their business as long as it wasn't illegal and there were no complaints. She was listed as an exotic dancer and was giving a private performance.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I agree. There's nothing to be sorry about for being in that line of work. One of my best friends in the world used to work as a stripper. Now she's married, has a degree in sign-language interpretation and has joined the Navy with eyes on electronics.

The way I look at it is; if it helps put food on the table, thre's nothing wrong with it.

Comment

damn couple g's a night? im in the wrong industry!

Comment

Honestly, if I actually had the body, I would do it on the side. I see nothing wrong with stripping, as long as they don't do what the idiot in the OP did.
          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Nah. It just lumps her into a Stupid category. I know many strippers and I don't think any of them would be dumb enough to try something like that.
            "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
            -Red

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
              Honestly, if I actually had the body, I would do it on the side. I see nothing wrong with stripping, as long as they don't do what the idiot in the OP did.
              Honey. You do. Boy do you ever do.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Hah. Strippers around here probably make about $500 every two weeks, if they are lucky.

Such is what happens when you live in the part of Wisconsin the clientel are farmers and Larry The Cable Guy worshippers who think tipping a stripper is the same as tipping a waitress: optional.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  Hah. Strippers around here probably make about $500 every two weeks, if they are lucky.

Such is what happens when you live in the part of Wisconsin the clientel are farmers and Larry The Cable Guy worshippers who think tipping a stripper is the same as tipping a waitress: optional.
                  You don't make money off tips... you make money selling lapdances. In tips, you might make enough to buy lunch. So, you might be suprised by how much they can bring in.

Comment

I don't mean to disappoint you, but I highly doubt any guy around here has the money to even pay for a lapdance.

If he does, he's coming home broke as a joke and when his wife finds out there's money missing or no money for the bills or food, he'll be the next Mr. Bobbit.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                    X