Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And another Spoiler Alert: The Titanic sinks in the end!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And another Spoiler Alert: The Titanic sinks in the end!

So a lady and her daughter came into the video store to rent a copy of the Passion of the Christ. It was arround Easter time, so alot of people were renting it. I told the daughter where it was and she went off to get it, and I processed the lady's membership and waited for the daughter to come back. While "shooting the breeze" with the lady, I commented about how Jesus dies in the movie...

... the lady burst into tears because she did not know that Jesus died in the Passion... and no longer wanted to see it... and walked out.

... Yeah. I stood in amazement for at least 10 minutes... then almost died laughing.

Seriously, we did have a woman at my movie theater try to get her ticket refunded because she overheard other guests in the lobby talking about how the Titanic sank. She wanted us to refund the ticket because they had SPOILED THE ENDING! GAAAAHHHHH.....We just kind of looked at her, all of our brains had gone into blue screen mode. She did not get her money back.

Where had she been for the last 80+ years?????
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

But please tell me that Romeo and Juliet will live long and happy lives?

Comment

Wait what?...........the TITANIC.........SUNK?!?!
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Don't worry, calm down, he comes back to life at the end of the movie.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
            I didn't see that article on the Encyclopedia Titanica site . . . .

Does that mean the Lusitania didn't get hit by a German U-boat either?
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              Does that mean the Lusitania didn't get hit by a German U-boat either?
              That's right. It got hit by a German torpedo.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                They drain the Atlantic in the end...
                ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                  They drain the Atlantic in the end...
                  I guess that was after the credits because I don't remember that part.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                    I guess that was after the credits because I don't remember that part.
                    There is a movie called "Raise the Titanic", which went so over budget that the joke is it would have been cheaper to...
                    ludo ergo sum

Comment

At the end of the movie King Kong goes back to the jungle right? Right?!
                      "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

Old Yeller lives a long, fruitful life when they walk outside, right?
                        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth PupuTupuna View Post
                          But please tell me that Romeo and Juliet will live long and happy lives?
                          Actually, it turns out Romeo didn't take enough poison to die, and Juliet didn't stab herself hard enough to die, and they escaped their feuding families to fuck like rabbits, raise 6 children, and live happily and passionately ever after.

Uh, yeah. That's how it goes.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Brain dead coworker of mine got upset when somebody talked about how the conspirators in Valkyrie were executed or killed themselves. I then mentioned the fact that history books had been spoiling that ending for the last 60+ years. She shut up.
                            "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                              Actually, it turns out Romeo didn't take enough poison to die, and Juliet didn't stab herself hard enough to die, and they escaped their feuding families to fuck like rabbits, raise 6 children, and live happily and passionately ever after.
                              That's probably Ilya's explanation to it (Never on sunday)
                              I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Working...
                              X