This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certifiable

My husband, Mr. Dips, came home from the coin shop and told me that he'd completed an order for a customer who bought a bunch of the state quarters in bulk.

The customer insisted on receiving a certificate of authenticity for them.

So Mr. Dips just drew up a letter on the store's letterhead that stated:

"We certify these are US Quarters minted by the United States Mint."

Then he signed it and enclosed it.

I'm not sure why the guy was afraid that someone would countrfeit US quarters or that there would be a big black market for fake coins that most people can easily find in their pocket change, but they've done this same thing for him before and he was happy.

But I have to wonder if he goes to McDonalds and insists they give him a certificate of authenticity when he gets change back from his $20?

And a small bonus story:

They have this one customer who places a bunch of tiny orders. Each one starts with:

"My last order took X days to arrive. That was fast..."

Then after he describes what he wants he always ends it with:

"Remember. I like fast orders."

It's not really sucky, but it pushes Mr. Dips' buttons big time. He hates being reminded to do things he already knows to do (and do I know it).

Oh, and I almost forgot about this one other guy...

The coin shop has a minimum order of $5 to ship. This fellow ordered $3 worth of coins and wanted them shipped. He sent them $5 and enough to cover shipping. One of the co-workers called him up and asked him if he wanted to order anything else for the $2 extra he had paid.

Nope. He got mad and insisted they stop trying to upsell him. She told him they'd be keeping $2 and he wouldn't get anything for it. Was he sure?

Yes! Sure! Stop asking!

So they gave him what he wanted. No complaints.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.
Working...
X