This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten alarm code

The store owner forgot the alarm code. So he deliberately tripped the silent alarm so the alarm company would call him.

I forgot my alarm code one morning, I don't know how but it completely slipped out of my head. I was on the phone when the alarm company when I suddenly remembered I had the code written down on a card in my wallet. I went over to shut off the alarm.

A cop came by to check on the alarm, but all was well. I can't for the life of me figure out how I randomly forgot my code, that's the only time that's ever happened to me.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I never could remember my alarm code when I worked at Papa John's (every manager had their own individual code), so I carried it ... in my wallet.

For the life of me I can't remember alarm codes, phone numbers, or PIN numbers... but I'm the PLU master at work. I can barely remember the alarm code at my parents house, and sometimes blank out and forget my own alarm code when I'm tired (... it's the last 4 of my SSN).

Comment

...the solution?

don't get old.

you won't make it past the first week of alzheimer's.

Comment

At my second gas station, we actually had an alarm system (came with the store; the owner would not shell out for one). Bossman actually wanted each employee to have their own code. Granted, there were only 5 employees, including himself, but still. It ended up being his birthdate or something.

One morning I forgot to enter in completely. When the alarm sounded, I saw colors because it was so loud.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

We have an alarm system at work, too. I've forgotten my code on occasion.
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
            X