This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canned

Another of my poor mom's fails. This happened literally two minutes ago.

I'm shopping online when I hear this timid "Help!" from the kitchen. I go to see what it's all about, thinking she's cut herself. She points into the sink at the drain, and I see what looks like a can lid.

Turns out it's not just the lid, but a whole can of tuna has been lodged in the drain. And it fit so perfectly in it that she couldn't get it to come out. I could run my hand along the bottom of the sink and pass right over it, it was all the way in.

Thank god I haven't trimmed my "claws" yet, as that was the only way to free the Chicken of the Sea from it's chokehold in the sink. I had managed to prop it up with my nails and lift it out.

What she was doing with the can by the sink I'll never know. I think this is the first time she's praised me for having cat claws for nails.

Well, when I open the lid of the tuna, I drain it over the sink.

But it sounds like she hadn't even opened it yet? Then I have no idea why she'd have had it over the sink.

Comment

Nope she hadn't even opened it yet. She dropped it and it fell right into the drain, straight down. She was probably intending to drain it, but was set back.

Comment

I've done that before...thankfully I'm like you and have claws.

Comment

That's a great 'it had to happen sometime.' If something weird can happen, chances are, it will. I always manage to do stuff like that; don't know why.

My claws have come-in handy too. Screwdriver, pry-bar, knife.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
            She was probably intending to drain it, but was set back.
            I think that she did drain the can.
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

i broke four nails in two days working where i do...not to mention all of the cardboard boxes I have to open have caused my cuticles to be forcefully shoved back so that I end up bleeding...

nails? i'd LOVE to have nails again! half of the boxes i'm supposed to open NEED nails to slide under the flaps! ironic, that those very boxes are the reason my nails broke in the first place....

I'm not a girly-girl in the sense of "I JUST SPENT $100 ON THESE!" but my GOD it hurts when they break....

Comment

I just did that!! I discovered that my garbage disposal is the exact same size as a can of tuna. Had to get a knife to get it out! ForTUNAtely (so sorry, couldn't resist) I'd only opened it a bit, so the delicious tuna was safe.
                "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                X