This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiddie Room

We have a room at my work for educating little kids, and its a ticketed event.

I don't work in there and would hate to but I work right next store and get to listen to what EVERY SINGLE GUY thinks is an alarm at the end of it. But this isn't all the place has to offer, we get the people who can't look up.

I'm 6'3 and I'm understandably massive but when I'm walking down a corridor with 20 feet ceilings I'm not blocking the HUGE SIGN that says [KIDDIE} room. But every day when I'm walking down the corridor at an hour mark I get a question
    "wheres the KIDDIE room?" now normally this is ok except by looking at my face you're on a direct angle to see the sign behind me!

But what takes the cake after I say go down to the sign and take a left and its right there. Someone came back and was LOST. They literally had to walk 60 feet!

Sadly this might be me. I have a terrible sense of direction but luckily I do feel embarrased by it.

Also I have trouble with doors. I don't mean I sometimes push when it says pull, I mean I can't get the handle to work or the key to turn when normal people have no such problem. When I moved into the apartment I lived in a year ago it took me a week to work out how to use the keys. I don't mean which key went to which door, I mean how to get the keys to turn in the lock and to do so consistently.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
      Sadly this might be me. I have a terrible sense of direction but luckily I do feel embarrased by it.

Also I have trouble with doors. I don't mean I sometimes push when it says pull, I mean I can't get the handle to work or the key to turn when normal people have no such problem. When I moved into the apartment I lived in a year ago it took me a week to work out how to use the keys. I don't mean which key went to which door, I mean how to get the keys to turn in the lock and to do so consistently.
      Everyone has their own solutions for that, of course, but I use Break-Free on sticky locks. You can get it at Wal-Mart, where they sell firearms cleaning supplies.

If you need to push/turn/twist/do the mambo to get the door unlocked, you might give it a try.
      "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

Quoth Arm View Post
        Everyone has their own solutions for that, of course, but I use Break-Free on sticky locks. You can get it at Wal-Mart, where they sell firearms cleaning supplies.

If you need to push/turn/twist/do the mambo to get the door unlocked, you might give it a try.
        My solution is to remove the door entirely. I'm nearly sure I can't mess up that. I didn't mean there are problems with the doors I try to open. I mean I sometimes can't seem to work a simple door.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

This might have been me too. I also have a terrible sense of direction. When I started working at the hospital it took me several weeks to learn where everything was.

I also have the same problem with locks and keys and guess what part of our job is? Locking and unlocking doors. Our locks are old and kinda tricky to get at first, plus some of them go in sideways and upside down, it took me forever to master them and I still have trouble occasionally. Now I just call maintenance and ask them to unlock the door for me.

Comment

Working...
          X