This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tale of the Missing Car

On Friday morning I was sitting in my office with the door open, and this crying lady comes walking up to the guy filling the vending machines, sobbing about how her car had been lost or stolen.

Since I'm Security it's part of my job to help people out in these situations, so I went and greeted the lady. I asked her where she parked, and she said the E.R. Department, but she already checked and it wasn't there. Ok fine, I tell her we'll double check just to make sure she didn't miss any areas.

Then I asked her for a description of the car, she said it was a White Jeep. Oh and to make matters worse she had totaled her car, and this car was a rental, and she had no idea if she had puchased any insurance for it.

So we walk out to the Emergency Parking Lot, and I see a car that fits the description, but it's not hers. So I ask her if she might have parked in the Parking Garage, and she says no, she had no idea how to even get up there.

I tell her that we'll go around to the front of the Hospital by the Main Lobby, which has some street parking spots and check. She's adamant that she didn't park there. But I insisted on going that way just to make sure we looked everywhere.

Sure enough we're walking up the sidwalk and there's her car, unlocked with the headlights on. She was lucky it wasn't stolen, this is not a good neighborhood.

Anyway I headed back into the Hospital and several people asked what happened. So I briefly relayed the story. Then one of the nurses tells me that the woman shouldn't have even been driving.

Turns out she came in high as a kite, and had court in the morning. For some reason she wanted the E.R. Dr. on call to write her an excuse for a two week continuance for her court date. He refused because there was nothing wrong with her. So I suppose her being under the influence of "controlled substances" might've had something to do with her misplacing her car.

Do you get people who've had their cars 'stolen' alot? I do. I've found more 'stolen' cars than you can shake a stick at!

This one guy already had the police on the way and his insurance called before he told us so we could check. His car was 3-rows over from where he was SURE he'd parked.

Or, the ones who have you looking for a cream-colored Buick when really they're driving a green Dodge.

Ehe, it makes the day interesting. Only one car has actually ever been stolen.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

No we don't get people who have had their cars "stolen" a lot. But we do have a lot of people who have their cars broken into, so it wouldn't surprise me if someone's car actually did get stolen. We're not in the greatest neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
      X