This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Person nearest you =/= employee

What is with people who walk into a store and treat the very first person they see as if they must work there? I think these people are a little too used to stores where they have "greeters" or something. There will be customers browsing near the door or looking at the free magazines and a person will come in off the street and IMMEDIATELY start asking the first person by the door where stuff is in the store. Then, when the poor customer explains that they don't work here, the confused person goes, "Oh!" and then proceeds immediately to the next closest person to the door, "do you work here?" All the while I'm standing behind the desk like this:

A group of people just came in just now when I was working away from the desk. They proceeded directly to the homeless man that I let sit on the couch sometimes (don't tell my boss....) who is very obviously homeless and they ask him where stuff is located. I laughed at that. They were very nice though
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Whatever happened to good old-fashioned searching a bit by yourself before giving up and asking someone? Don't get me wrong. I'm glad that there are people available to assist, but I like to try and find something by myself before finding someone to help.

The example you posted just reaks of laziness on the SC's part.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
      The example you posted just reaks of laziness on the SC's part.
      Depends on how much time you've got to browse. I freely admit to just going to the nearest employee to ask rather than wander around myself if I'm on my lunch break or if I'm in some other situation where my time is extremely limited. Otherwise I'll only ask if the shop is laid out according to one of those floor plans that make no sense whatsoever...
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
        Depends on how much time you've got to browse. I freely admit to just going to the nearest employee to ask rather than wander around myself if I'm on my lunch break or if I'm in some other situation where my time is extremely limited. Otherwise I'll only ask if the shop is laid out according to one of those floor plans that make no sense whatsoever...
        Kinda like part of our store where we have hanging from the ceiling at the end of one aisle "Juices" "Drink Mixes" but lemonade mix it two aisles over near canned veggies.

Comment

When I am shopping and another customer comes up to me for help. I will help with getting something off the shelve. If they are asking where something is, then I tell them that I don't know.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
            Kinda like part of our store where we have hanging from the ceiling at the end of one aisle "Juices" "Drink Mixes" but lemonade mix it two aisles over near canned veggies.
            I'd love signs hanging from the ceiling. Ceiling signs are great, even I'm tall enough to read them (4' 10.5"). It's the shops where the descriptions are bits of card inserted part-way along the shelf that give me problems - I can't see over the top shelf to be able to visually scan along & work out where I need to be. Hence grabbing the nearest employee to point me toward the right part of the shop. If I can get it down to searching 2 or 3 rows, it's not so bad...
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
              It's the shops where the descriptions are bits of card inserted part-way along the shelf that give me problems - I can't see over the top shelf to be able to visually scan along & work out where I need to be.
              Oh yeah... I'm short too and those are the worst!

Really there's absolutely nothing wrong with asking for help. That's why we're here! I prefer it if someone asks me for help rather than wandering all over and becoming confused or frustrated. But use your head, please? Don't just bother random people, SC's. Bother the people who DO get paid to help you
              !
              "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post

We have weird aisles too...
                The salsa, taco shells, refried beans, etc are on the same aisle as the baby diapers (go fig) but the taco powder mix is in the next aisle and the soft burritos are on another aisle.
                Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Working...
                X