This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Miss Church"

*this being from a telemarketing phone call I received in the church office yesterday morning, found it quite amusing....hence the reason I was willing to listen to this woman's spiel*

When I answer the phone in the office, my greeting is something like "Firelight Church, this is Kelly speaking." To which the caller responded with "Good morning, Miss Firelight - how are you today?" I then informed her (politely) that she was calling a church, and her response was something like "Oh, I'm sorry about that, Miss Church. Well, the reason I'm calling is......." (briefly mentioned soliciting donations for funding breast cancer research) I mention again that she is calling a business, and the woman just says "Oh", and immediately hangs up.

I found using "not For Profit Org" works well.

Comment

I've gotten a few interesting calls at work too. One of them was even from the police department looking for someone who had listed us as their phone number. Weeeird.

Comment

I think part of the reason we get such calls is that one of the buildings on our property was initially was the "M" family's home, and even though it hasn't been used as such for many years, our phone number and address are still listed on marketing lists as belonging to a residence. Or at least, this would explain the occasional phone calls asking to speak to Mr. or Mrs. (name of church).

Comment

Working...
        X