This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Security Brain Burp

(BG) When you check in at the pier before boarding a ship, you present your documents, your photo is taken and you receive your card. The card is a room key, the source of identification to get you off and on the ship when you go ashore and the means of payment for any thing you buy on board the ship. Your photograph isn't visible on the card but the person who swipes you on and off the ship can see it. (BG)

We were comfortably settling into our cabin a half hour before sailing when the phone in our room rang.

"Mr. LibraryLady, I'm sorry to tell you this but your wife is not on the ship."

"She is. I'm looking at her as we speak."

"Would the two of you please come down to reception immediately?"

"Certainly!" and we did. The problem was easily resolved.

Here's what happened. The person who did our check-in on the dock didn't get my photo properly. I boarded the ship and my card was swiped.

I'm on the ship but there's no photo on my card.

I was politely directed about ten feet to the right where I was photographed and my card was swiped again to make sure the photo was there. The second swipe said I had left the ship.

There probably should have been a third swipe when I went back into the reception area but there wasn't. At that time, pax were streaming aboard.

I'm very pleased that the Line took the trouble to track down a Lady who was happily unpacking her Hubby's Tux.
    Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.
Working...
X