This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twenty-five is NOT less than twenty!

Hey all! I've had some time off, so that's why I haven't posted. Tonight was my second night back after 4 days off, yay. Nothing really sucky happened, but there was one guy toward the end of my shift that made me wonder about the future of our society. It was probably 10:30 PM or thereabouts, and big stalky blonde with glasses comes in, with his buddy. They both make their selections and come to the counter, stalky blonde in line before his buddy. Now, I could tell this guy was a bit slow, but wow. Allow me to recreate the moment.

ME: Your friendly clerk who REALLY wants to slam her head against the wall some nights. Repeatedly.
    SB: Stalky Blonde

ME: **rings him up, gets his cigs he requests, tells him his total**
    SB: Uh...use this first, there's...a little bit left on it **hands me a store gift card**
    ME: Alright **uses gift card** Your total now will be $X.XX, please.
    SB: Okay. **hands me debit card** Uh...Can you do, like, cash back?
    ME: You sure can.
    SB: Does it have to be in $10 amounts, or--
    ME: You can get anything you want UP TO TWENTY DOLLARS (note the part in caps)
    SB: UP TO TWENTY (yes he repeated it). Can I get $25?
    ME: **resiting urge to slam my head against the counter** The highest I can give out is $20.
    SB: Oh. Twenty will work then.
    ME: **sighs, finishes his transaction**

I'm not sure what school he went to, but I'm fairly certain that most teach you that 25 is greater than 20. Ugh. I just hope, for his sake, it was just a brain fart and nothing more. Otherwise, I'm a little scared! Anyway, that's my story for the evening. I figured it was better in this section than the SC one, as he wasn't really sucky, just...momentarily brain dead, I suppose. I'm off to bed now! Goodnight!!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

My urge would be to slam *his* head against the counter, not mine
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

It reminds me of the customers who get upset when they can't pull out a ten dollar bill out of the atm that states that it can only dispense in mulitiples of twenty.

Comment

one of my first jobs was in a fabric store. A student of home economics entered the store to buy the items required for her sewing project.

She couldn't be bothered to make out the charts on the back of the sewing pattern. I told her one project would take 2 and 3/4 yards of fabric, and the other would take 2 and 3/8 yards. She wanted to know which was less.

Comment

Working...
        X