This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCD

Now I know this person may have some some mental issues,but this happend at 10 this morning and I'm still chuckling about it.

We have some CDs,DVds and ps2 game on special offer starting at £1,but they are all in dump bins, mixed together so that people have to rummage through them(it increases sales because people spot other games etc that they fancy) ,this customer came in today and spent 45 minutes sorting through the bins grouping the different discs togther and facing them all forward,then just walked off.The staff on that department had to go and mix them all back up again.
    "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
    set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

You know, I actually *prefer* those all mixed up. If they're all nicely stacked, you can tell what's on top no problem, but you can't get to what's under, to see if there's anything else.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I do that!!!! I hate the clearance bins with everything just dumped in there. I know why the stores do it, but it just really hits on my OCD nerve. I will find myself sorting and stacking them as I rummage.
      "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
      "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
      "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Meh, I don't do that, but one of my few OCDs does involve CDs, in those CD furnitures that are just shelves with rails to separate the discs, the discs usually end up with one corner propped over one of the rails, leaving it inclined. as I browse I can't help but straighten all the inclined CDs in the shelf.
        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Actually, back when I was with GameStore, they made US sort them alphabetically. Fortunately, our managers were bright enough to know that the walls were more important than the bins, and gave the dump bins such low priority that they only got done once every couple of weeks. Took about an hour each, tho >_<
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X