X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rates, other state

And this happened last week:

SC: So why are the rates in Sheridan (Wyoming) so high?
    Me: .... (this is Montana) (Use explanation below)
    SC: They weren't even that great there!
    Me: ... ... ... sorry?

First, all we hotels have different owners who determine rates. (People bitched about OUR rates which didn't go above 119/night this year.) We are entering the end of the normally super busy season. Sheridan rates were usually around 169/night. (Why? It's ONLY Wyoming!?) Well, dear readers, they are beyond busy during the summer. Basic rules of economics.... supply goes up, rate goes down. Demand goes up, rate goes up. What else is located in Wyoming, well 3/4 of it? Yellowstone National Park.

Please please please ask me about rates in New York City...and why they are SOOO HIGH....
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Oooh, Economics. Mathematical proof that customers suck. I love my major. <3
    "Next time, Sir Twatwaffle of Assville, you should mind your own business." - Lupo

Comment

alternatively, the people who complain about how much it costs here... after all, they can stay at a better known brand than us in Pocotello for less... well yeah, but who the hell wants to go to Pocotello... yeah, that's right, and that's why it's cheap.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Something I came across recently:

Hotel rates for a single room, per night, in central Helsinki during tourist season: about €120.

Equivalent rate in Kerava, about half an hour's train journey away: €60. Slightly less if you're staying more than a week.

The train fare is €5.20 each way.

Comment

Working...
        X