This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brain burp regarding the office window

*a bit of background info, the church office has the same sort of window one might find in a doctor's office.....the middle panel is the only one which slides open/closed*

We have a Yoga group which rents the church's meeting hall one day a week, and around the first of the month, the group leader (I'll call her "Cilla") comes into the office to drop off the check. When "Cilla" does this, she cannot figure out which panel in the office window is open, and tries to hand me the check through the glass. She's done this more than once, and the mail carriers (when they come before the office closes) have also been unable to figure out that the middle panel is the one that's open until I point it out to them .........I'm wondering if I should put a picture or something on the window panels which don't move.

Good idea, but I doubt it'd work. You'll still get people trying to hand stuff through the closed windows.

Comment

lol....perhaps so, but still, it would make me feel better. Funny thing is that it happened again today......one of our volunteers who help with folding the Sunday bulletins had something give me for next months newsletter, and she'd admitted that she never knew which window panel to hand stuff through.

Comment

Put cutesy pictures of arrows pointing inward (toward the middle window). Or better yet, arrow pictures that look like they were drawn by a young kid (bonus if someone in the office has a kid under 5 you can get to draw them). Then if anyone starts to act insulted, you can pull the 'Well we don't want to hurt 'so&so's' feelings when they went to the effort of trying to be helpful. Few people want to actually look like a douchebag in anything relating to church (just everywhere else)

Comment

You must have really good glass cleaner
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
          X