Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein Blas Doesn't Know What The Sun Is..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein Blas Doesn't Know What The Sun Is..

Apparently in my multiple years of tenure at my job, I have failed to realize that we peeons are blessed with a skylight split in the middle of the hallway at work.

But working nights, obviously it's easy to miss or forget that it's there, right?

So imagine my surprise when I switched my overtime to 2nd shift hours, coming in at 7 pm, my utter surprise when something was shining into the hallway.

Yes, I actually asked my coworker pal "What is that?"
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Don't feel bad . . . I ask that myself whenever the sun comes back out after we've had a few days of rain.

Like this evening. We've had rain and overcast skies since Wednesday. Around 6 or so Mom was out here on the porch with me, talking my ears off (while I was trying to catch up here) and then we both noticed the sun trying to peek out.

Mom looked over at me, pointed at the sky over the neighbor's house and asked "What's that?"

My reply: It looks like the sun, but I'm not sure.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I've asked myself that question when I worked overnight shifts at my first job. God that made me feel like a freakin' vampire having to sleep in the day and get up at night to work. So no worries, Blas.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

One winter we had three months straight of cloudy days. On the first sunny day my 3-year-old said "Mommy! What's wrong with the sky?!"
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          One winter we had three months straight of cloudy days. On the first sunny day my 3-year-old said "Mommy! What's wrong with the sky?!"
          It's the DAYSTAR!!! RUN!!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
            It's the DAYSTAR!!! RUN!!!

Accursed orb! It burns! It BURNS with the heat of a thousand...uhm...flaming... glowy...round things in the sky...or something...>_>
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

No worries I was driving to the wal mart the other day and had gone that direction many times. But I noticed a business on the side of the road I had never seen before When I brought it up in the car my friend is like "Uh that's been there for years."

Man I felt stupid....

Comment

Don't forget, it's not just the Daystar ... it's the EVIL Daystar!

(NB: I have a well-developed "CRT tan" myself.)

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  Yes, I actually asked my coworker pal "What is that?"
                  [caveman voice]

"BIG BALL FIRE, COME UP OVER EDGE OF WORLD, LIGHT UP SKY!!!"

[/caveman voice]
                  "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Don't feel too bad.

On my paper route, I go through the neighborhood when it's dark and creepy out. Once in a blue moon, other business takes me through the same neighborhood in normal daylight hours. I always feel lost because it looks so different when it's light out!
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                    X