X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toliet gurgles

SC: My toliet isn't working.
    Me: Okay, I will come down with a plunger & take a look at it.

SC: (as I am plunging toliet) It gurgled earlier.
    Me: Okay, well these low flow toliets are tempermental. A bit of elbow grease gets em flowing usually.

I get the toliet flowing...but it's slow.

Me: Okay, it's flowing slow but it's flowing. Usually they start going pretty good, but since the water level is low right now we have to wait a second. It should clear up just fine. Prolly a clog farther down the workers. *AT THIS POINT AFTER I FLUSHED IT, THE TOLIET HAS RUN OUT OF WATER & GURGLES BECAUSE IT JUST FLUSHED WHAT LITTLE THERE WAS.*
    SC: See, it did that earlier.
    Me: That is because there isn't much water for it to work with, but that means it flushed just fine.
    SC: Could you have someone look at it tomorrow since I will be here for 2 days?
    Me: Oh sure. (wft)

The funny thing: It gurgled because he flushed to toliet a few too many times without letting the tank fully fill up...hence the "gurgling".

And I bet this guy makes a 6 figure income....
    When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
    And I bet this guy makes a 6 figure income....
    Sucker bet.

I have a theory: Common Sense is inversely proportional to income.

I'll give you even odds 300K+
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      Sucker bet.

I have a theory: Common Sense is inversely proportional to income.

I'll give you even odds 300K+
      Anyone who makes 300K+ a year would probably reject anything labeled "common."
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I grew up with flushometer toilets in my house. You can flush those as many times as you want without waiting for anything to fill up in between, they have almost no refractory period. (Unfortunately you need a 1" water main to get enough pressure to use that sort of toilet, so I'm stuck with tank toilets here.) If he was used to that sort of toilet, he may not have realised that if there's nothing in the tank, nothing's gonna come out when you flush the thing.

Comment

You can get a flushometer toilet working at a property with a small water main by using a bladder tank (example). You'll just need a 1" pipe between the tank and the toilet.

Comment

I'm thinking six figures meant he has never had to do any chores or repairs by himself, even something like lifting the lid off the toilet tank and understanding how it works in there. "Jeeves, come jiggle the handle for me."

Comment

Working...
            X