This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got more change than I needed

Ok so I was buying Adam Lambert's cd in Best Buy (I'm a Glambert...lol) Ok anyway, the cd came out to $10.88 and I gave the cashier two 5's and a 1 but she thought I gave her $15 and I was even being honest and I said I gave $11 but she insisted I gave her $15 so I just took my change and didn't want to be a problem. I know I gave her $11 because I gave her the last single in my wallet so I know I was correct. So I got an extra $4 lol.

If it was me, I would have contacted a manager and explained that I gave her 11.00 not 15.00 but that she insisted that I gave her 15.00, then I would have given the manager the excess change and my phone number, just in case I was wrong. I would never feel right taking excess change, especially since the cashier can get into so much trouble over shortages. I know from experience, I too have accidently given out too much change and I have been given too much change before, but I never keep it.

Comment

Had that happen at Wendy's today... bought three dollar items, handed the lady a ten, she tried to hand me back seven dollars and change... and just walked right away as soon as it was in my hand. And, the scary part is, I've been to this Wendy's often enough to figure out that she's a manager. "...Are you sure about that?" I say to her retreating back. "I gave you ten, you gave me seven... what happened to tax?"
      "Oh..." she says, returning with my Frosty. Hand her back a dollar, and she says something to the effect of, "That's what I get for counting out loud."
      Yeah... see, the problem is, you didn't count out loud... or out loud is code for something, cause you only asked me if I wanted my usual two double stacks and a large Frosty, which I did not, as I'm trying to spread my money out for the next two weeks...
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
      X