This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's why we switched.

A long time ago we sold Steel Reserve 22. A very popular cheap 24oz beer. We sold it when I first started 6 years ago, and stopped about a few months ago. It was replaced by Hurricane Ice.

Now do we EVER sell that crap. I swear people would buy it by the gallons if they could. Our old manager had to order thirty cases a week just to keep up with the demand. (Naturally our new manager never orders taht much, and we run out within a day or so).

A customer came in, doing the frantic search of beer. He asks where the steel reserve is. I tell him we replaced it with Hurricane Ice.

He doesn't like that. Telling me thats horrible beer. I reply that we sale far more Hurricane then we ever did with Steel. He just doesn't belive me. He brings up six of the hurricane ice. He told me if we had Steel he would have bought ten of them.

He is, of course, naturally paying with quarters and dollars. And even ask if I could spare 50 cents to buy another.

Are they the same price?

And if so, and he barely had enough money to buy six of the Hurricane, how, exactly, was he planning to buy four more of the Steel Reserve?

(Not to mention, what's he going to do with 240 ounces of cheap beer? Oh, right, drink it. Wonder how long it'll take him.)

Comment

Working...
    X