This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The barn door is open? Oops...

It seems that my g/f and I both are having an issue today. She called me, about 2 1/2 hours after the start of her work day, to tell me that she had been walking around all morning with her zipper down. I was unable to prevent myself from making with the mockery. Only a little.

Of course, the universe saw fit to punish me for that later. I had to run down to our sales dept. and I took the time to chat up the sales ladies at their desks. When I got back to my own desk, I realized that my zipper was also down. And, to top it off, the whole time I was chit chatting my crotch would have been just about directly even with their faces...

Anyone on a low budget and with only a limited number of pairs of work pants, all of which have seen much wear, will make a rather silly habit of paranoia over zipper elevation status. However, the embarassment in needing to XYZ becomes lessened with frequency.
    Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

A quote from a Rudy Vallee comedy album:

"Whenever a young girl smiles at me, I look to see who's behind me or what's unzipped."
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I work with someone who constantly has his zipper at half-mast. I think he's always in such a hurry he sort of forgets to finish half-way through!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

When i see someone walking around with their zipper down, I tell them. Even if I don't know them. And if I DO know them I usually comment that I guess you can't get customers if you don't advertise. :-)
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

We have three sons, and one of my wife's recurring dreads is that, out of habit, she will walk up to a stranger and close his fly. It hasn't happened yet (that she has admitted anyway) but I really want to be around when/if it happens.

And on the other side of the problem, I have a pair of pants with three buttons at the waistband and a zipper for the rest. Apparently my mind thinks that three buttons are enough for any pair of pants and likes to quit at that point, leaving the actual fly open to the breezes.

Comment

I think it's kind of okay to very casually and quickly whisper "zipper..." into a person's ear, then quickly retract into normal conversation as if nothing had happened. That gives them the awareness of the zipper openness, but without any immediate social obligation to be embarrassed or do anything about it. All they have to do, is be aware of it. They can blush at their own leisure then.
              SC: "Are you new or something?"
              Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

what I want to know is why whenever one tells a male his zipper is open they turn around to zip it back up-it's not like we haven't seen it by that point.....
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Just say "XYZ". Most people know what means & for those of you that don't...it means "Examine Your Zipper".

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                    what I want to know is why whenever one tells a male his zipper is open they turn around to zip it back up-it's not like we haven't seen it by that point.....
                    I don't know why we do it. I suppose I do it because I have boxers with very...loose...openings, and trying to zip up the zipper could put on a show I don't want to do...other than that, not really sure. I know I do it all the time, even when I'm home with just the wife.
                    Coworker: Distro of choice?
                    Me: Gentoo.
                    Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

The best thing I've heard to let someone know about being in a low-fly zone is "Excuse me, but there seems to be a problem with your belt."

"But I'm not wearing a... oh."
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

It's because putting hand to crotch in front of a lady to potentially rearrange your junk is something guys generally don't like to do.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Speaking of "XYZ", I've actually come across people who've never heard that one. So I've come up with a new one and have been trying it out, with little to no success:

"You have a Y2K problem."

See, on 99.9% of all zippers, you will see the ubiquitous YKK logo...
                          Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

I do it because I was taught that it was polite, modest and considerate of others.
                            "If ignorance is bliss, then I work in Heaven."

Comment

Working...
                            X