This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A classic "Do You Work Here" . . .

I was shoe shopping in a department store. I am sitting in the aisle of women sneakers, trying on a pair. A woman approaches me and asks

"where are the women sneakers?"

( Can I just emphasize I am surrounded by sneakers and even trying on a few pairs).

My response; "I have no idea. . . "
    Woman: "Well your not very helpful, are you? Hmph! I will have to speak to someone about you!"

and she waddles off. . .

What?! I kept my mouth shut after that cause I had a dozen fun responses that probably would have blown out little encounter way out of proportion.

Just a heads up, don't walk down a sneaker aisle and ask me where the sneakers are. . especially if I don't work there and am a customer myself!!
    Last edited by G-Radical; 04-15-2010, 06:26 PM.
    When Angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel.

I wonder if a comment about bigfoot or tundra yetis would have been appropriate
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

The sad part is that this happens to me a lot when I'm at my usual gas station. What gets me is how these people can see people wearing uniform shirts with name tags on them, and figure the guy in the black jeans and Dethklok t-shirt is an employee at the store.
      My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

That seems to happen a lot to me, too, when I am trying on shoes. (I mean, I haven't encountered anyone that got rude about kit, but still)

What's up with trying on shoes that makes so many people think you work in a shoe store?

I go into shoe stores A LOT. And not once have I ever witnessed an employee trying on shoes.

Comment

RK!

Doncha know???

When shoe stores/departments have no customers in them, the employees try on all the shoes in the store!

/sarcasm

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
            RK! Doncha know??? When shoe stores/departments have no customers in them, the employees try on all the shoes in the store! /sarcasm
            Actually, that's true. I worked in a shoe store because I loved shoes. I was always trying on everything when I was bored. But the customer in this instance was totally clueless.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X