This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there are no words...

So one of the secretaries at my place is a complete ditz, lets call her Ditzy Secretary (DS). I will admit that she is very fast and accurate at typing and has an excellent phone manner, but she certainly has a screw loose or two.

oh and for reference I'm in England.

So DS's planning her holidays and the following conversation occurs:
    DS: I'd love to go to America, its always so great in the movies
    Me: Not been there myself, whereabouts were you thinking?
    DS: Well I'd like to go see all those little villages, like New York, Canada and Texas.
    Me: *jaw drop* *facepalm*
    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Quoth Darkforge View Post
    DS: Well I'd like to go see all those little villages, like New York, Canada and Texas.
    Admittedly, we do have several very pleasant small tourist-attraction communities in Texas (I'm thinking of Wimberley and Fredricksburg in particular, as those are the ones I've been to) but that's not what people usually think of.... It would make more sense if she said she were coming to see the cacti, cowboys, tumbleweeds, etc.

Honestly, I was 14 when my parents told me we were moving to TX from Michigan, and until they showed me pictures I honestly thought we were moving to the desert. Never having given the matter much thought, I guess I never before wondered what they fed the cows....

Comment

I have a word for that:

Bwahahahahahaha Won't she be surprised?
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

I can't believe that she called them villages, I mean, she named a huge city, a state and another country and called them villages...

seriously?
        "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
        Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

When we moved to Dallas from NJ in the 60s, we thought we'd ride horses to school and it would be like Bonanza!

PS: She REALLY does not want to come here in the summer, though. At the moment, most of us don't want to even be here. Will hit 97F today.
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Darkforge View Post
            I can't believe that she called them villages, I mean, she named a huge city, a state and another country and called them villages...
            Or, alternatively, she named two states.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Be sure to mention that the little village of Texas is more than double the size of all of England, and that Canada almost 40 times larger than Texas
              Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Exaspera, you forgot about the heat index. Makes it all the worse.
                Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Ashaela View Post
                  Honestly, I was 14 when my parents told me we were moving to TX from Michigan, and until they showed me pictures I honestly thought we were moving to the desert. Never having given the matter much thought, I guess I never before wondered what they fed the cows....
                  Well, parts of Texas are desert. And there's cattle ranching in NM, too. Partly the cause of a little thing called the Lincoln County War (which could flare up again at any time).

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                  When we moved to Dallas from NJ in the 60s, we thought we'd ride horses to school and it would be like Bonanza!
                  When my mom's family visited before they moved out here in the early 60's, people were asking them if there were teepees lined up along the dirt roads....

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                  PS: She REALLY does not want to come here in the summer, though. At the moment, most of us don't want to even be here. Will hit 97F today.
                  Quoth Primer View Post
                  Exaspera, you forgot about the heat index. Makes it all the worse.
                  This is where I laugh and point out that a dry heat does make a difference!

It got up to 97F here today, but with only 9% humidity....

Although a little humidity and rain would be appreciated. Especially down south where there was a fire on the Doña Ana Range at Fort Bliss....where there's unexploded live ordnance.
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                  X