This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor parking closed re: construction; "But I have a class"

A contractor came earlier this week to do some drilling inside the Visitor parking garage (why, I do not know), & several spots were blocked off inside Visitor parking. At one point the garage was closed. Female customer drives up to the booth window. Here is what happened.

me: "Hi, how may I help you?"
    female customer: "Hi, how are you? I just need to park."
    me: "I'm sorry, but the garage is closed due to construction going on inside Visitor parking"
    female customer *confused look on her face*: "So where do I park at?"

I give her several options.

female customer *still confused*: "But I have a class."
    me: "I'm sorry, but the parking spots inside Visitor parking are literally blocked off with cones, & so people cannot park in there. And there are no open spots available."
    female customer *still confused*: "Ok...but I have a class."
    me: "I'm sorry, I understand that, but I cannot let you park in there."
    female customer: "Ok.."

She backs up & leaves.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 07-10-2010, 03:04 PM.

One of the lots across from where I work was closed due to construction on a nearby house. Signs were posted. But this woman decided to park there anyway.

Her car got towed, and she came over to my job demanding to know where her car was. The operator told her it wasn't part of our property and we had nothing to do with it. She left, then came back demanding security.

So I went to speak with her. She insisted that the construction workers told her, that one of our security guards had her car towed. I told her I'd been there for several hours, and neither myself nor my co-worker had her car towed, and that the parking lot was privately operated and not part of our property. I told her I couldn't help her, and to call the number on the sign, which would put her in touch with the owners, who could tell her where her car was. She went off on this huge rant about how she needed her car and how unhelpful I was.

You just can't help some people....

Comment

Working...
    X