This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Postcard

I put it here because it's not really sucky, but it's not very smart either. It's obviously a courtesy thing, but I don't even get why they'd do it.

Earlier this spring, my Neon was once again gushing antifreeze. Two years was all that radiator lasted, I just had it replaced in 08.

Not sure how severe it was (as I'd only seen it make a small puddle at the store) I just went to the nearest mechanic to take a look at it. I knew it would cost at least $20-$30 to have it looked at, and I didn't make any promises that I'd let them fix it.

They wanted almost $400 for a new radiator and labor, and couldn't even get it done until that following Monday. Not to mention they kept bullying me to get it done THERE instead of at my regular mechanic, because "omg your car won't make it!"

Thankfully, my dad remembered that my radiator had a lifetime warranty on it at my regular mechanic (a nice perk of going there, as I'd only have to pay labor, which is still not cheap but a hell of a lot cheaper than $400), and they could have it done by the next afternoon. Plus, my little brother got the Neon to the other shop without the car acting up at all, the leak was still small at that point.

Fast forward to May.

I get a postcard from the first mechanic in the mail........notifying me that the last time I stopped by, I needed a new radiator, and they hoped I'd be by to get that done as soon as possible.

I would hope to gosh that I'd gotten a new radiator by then, considering my car would have been in pretty rough shape if I'd let all that antifreeze leak out by then!

Really? Yeah, I went 3
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Tell them the Neon already conked out, but now you need a radiator for a '69 Volkswagen.

Comment

Working...
    X