X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to 2010

This one made me laugh.

Older lady calls to place an ad for an apartment for rent.

"Do you have a pencil and paper?"

Well, leaving aside that I'm sitting here prepared to take ads and if we still used that method, it would stand to reason that I would have something to write on....

I would guess that pencils, paper and handwritten ad orders went out sometime around 1950, although allowing for the glacial movement toward anything new around here, it might have been a bit later... All I know is, we used electric typewriters in the 70s and went to computers in 1986.

The lady had trouble reading her credit card numbers. I was tempted to suggest she turn up the gaslight.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

that said the amount of times I've called people today and they've not been able to find a way of taking my phone number down...

still I think most people should be aware that we use computers for most things these days
    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Quoth Darkforge View Post
      that said the amount of times I've called people today and they've not been able to find a way of taking my phone number down...
      True. I love calling a business and asking to leave a message. "Oh, wait, I need a pen. Oh wait, no paper..." I believe they still make those little message pads, you can buy them in any office-supply store...

Professionalism is way down in general. I once called a car dealership and asked for the guy that usually places the ads. Let's call him Joe Jones. The receptionist who answered the phone said:

"Joe Jones ain't in."

Besides her amazing grasp of the English language, she also didn't transfer me to his voicemail, nor did she suggest I leave a message with her. I had to ask her to take the message. What a winner.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X