This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sarcastica View Post
    The fourth time I did successfully make coffee. Hallelujah!
    But the fourth one... stayed up. And that's what you're gonna get, lad, the strongest castle in these parts!
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Sarcastica View Post
      One morning--I clearly needed the coffee VERY badly--I made three coffee mistakes in a row. I wish I could remember the exact sequence, but it was something like this:

(1) Put in filter. Pour water in tank. Hit "brew." Make pot of hot water.

(2) Realize the product was not actually coffee. Add grounds to filter. Take pot of water, intending to pour same water back into the tank. Pour it into filter instead, resulting in large hot water spill.

(3) Put now-empty pot back in machine. Forget to put water in tank. Press "brew." Brew pot of air.

The fourth time I did successfully make coffee. Hallelujah!
      It's like a computer game! I've done this bunches of times, but never-ever with coffee: I don't drink it!
      I tried to put a sweater on over my coat once.
      I put honey in tea that already had sugar. (bleh)
      I put water in an already full pot ( water everywhere!)
      I panicked about my keys-- when they were in my hands.
      Yay brain farts.
      EDIT: Eddie is very shiny. Especially for being of the male persuasion. :stares, entranced.:
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

If I'm around some equipment that I'm not used to using, like printers at the store or some other thing, I can be really stupid about it. It really sucks, and I eventually got my own printer because of it, though from time to time I may have to use the printers at the store.
        Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          That's rule #1 of troubleshooting hardware: Check the connections.

^-.-^
          Funny how most of all problems involve communication error, computer or human...

Comment

Quoth ZedOmega View Post
            As far as the coffee thing goes, waking up to a nice pot of hot water is something my girlfriend likes to bring up every now and then. You screw up just once...
            Oh, I remember my own screw up - had to be at work, of course, so lots of people would witness it.

I was working in an office for a temp agency. In my defense, I was all of 18, my Dad only drank instant coffee, no one else in the house drank it, and I had never used an automatic coffee pot in my life. I was also timid, new to the work force, and obviously could have made used of said caffiene

Someone asked me to make coffee. Ok, simple Mr. Coffee (might have been an alien device as far as I was concerned). I managed to see where the coffee went in, luckily they had packets so no measuring. Put the contents of coffee packet into the filter, filter into pot. They had a handy little pitcher for going off to the back room kitchen to get water, as the pot was out in the office area. Filled it up, brought it back, found where to pour it into. Turned it on, it started to brew. Was rather proud of myself.

Until a bit later, as the coffee started to overflow the glass pot, and I was grabbing paper towels trying to prevent it getting into the papers in the file cabinet it was sitting on, or onto the carpet. Why? Because I had just blindly made a full pot of coffee, without taking into account that the glass pot still had a cup or two left in it.........

Young, innocent, eager to please, and stupid, that was me

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
            X