This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to back Idjits

(1) Customer was sent from a dealership to get a duplicate title, even though she had a title in her hand. Why? She had taken magic marker and blacked out her name and address on the title. And again why? Hadn't we heard of HIPAA? That was her personal information, and she was trying to protect it under the HIPAA legislation.
    ***** First, you have just voided the title. Scribbling and white out render any title null and void.
    ***** Second, how does the dealership even know that you are the owner of the car?
    ***** Third, since when does car ownership qualify as a medical condition, and therefore subject the HIPAA?

Cost to you? $20. Cost to us? Headache.

(2) Next customer does not understand why putting car in their name costs money. It didn't cost anything the last time. Finally managed to drag the information out of them that the last time, the car was from their sister, therefore no taxes. Oh, but this is my brother-in-law.

I'm sorry, in-laws are not tax exempt.

Brother. He's my brother.

Brother? You have the same mother and father?

He's married to my sister.

So he's an in-law.

He's my brother.

Your brother and sister are married to each other?

(Blink, blink. Dear God, this is one of Gravekeeper's Nunavut incestuous morons. Finally an answer emerges from the maw.) Brother-in-law.

Thought so. Cost to you: 6% sales tax on the fair market value of the car. Cost to me: desire to lie down in a darkened room and sob.
    To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
    To pursue it with forks and hope;
    To threaten its life with a railway share;
    To charm it with forks and hope!

The stupid... it burns...

That first lady should get into motorcycle stunts. That leap of logic would have cleared the Grand Canyon easy.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Working...
    X