X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fail at Mickey D's

This is from a few weeks back.

Mom is out running errands, decides to swing by Mickey D's for one of their smoothies. Calls me up to see if I want one too. Yes, please!

She gets home, and relates this story. This is roughly paraphrased from her account of it.

McD: "Hi, welcome to Mickey D's, would you like to try a new smoothie?"
    Mom: "Yes, I'd like two large strawberry-banana smoothies, please."
    McD: "Okay, what size?"
    Mom: "Large."
    McD: "What flavor?"
    Mom: "Strawberry-banana."
    McD: "Okay, that's <total>, please drive around."

She pulls around, pays, wonders why the price seems lower, and finds out why: the cashier had only rung her up for one smoothie. Three strike fail!

She gets it straightened out, pays for the second smoothie, gets it, and comes home.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

I know at the McD's here, as soon as it senses the car it gives a pre-recorded message ("Hello, would you like to try..."). So probably someone just wasn't listening when the message played. Thus, the questions and the missing smoothie. Not an excuse, since they should have been paying attention from the start. But that first greeting probably wasn't an actual human speaking to your mom.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      I know at the McD's here, as soon as it senses the car it gives a pre-recorded message ("Hello, would you like to try..."). So probably someone just wasn't listening when the message played. Thus, the questions and the missing smoothie. Not an excuse, since they should have been paying attention from the start. But that first greeting probably wasn't an actual human speaking to your mom.
      Well aware of it, but as I said, I was paraphrasing from her story.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

UGH at a popular canadian coffee spot, and the mcDs close to me we ALWAYS get a wrong order.

They never fix it and NEVER listen. They repeat the RIGHT order and its wrong. Seriously between that and the coffee spot manager swearing and yelling at her staff infront of me, im considering writing corporate.

Comment

I've had a similar experience at the counter, where there's no chance of it being a case of "give my order before recorded message cuts to real person".

Me: I'd like a Big Mac meal, with Coke, to have here
          Clerk: What drink would you like with that?
          Me: Coke
          Clerk: Will that be for here, or to go?
          Me: For here
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

My answer would have been

[frosty look] "Didn't you hear me the first time? Now GIVE ME what I ordered!"

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
              They repeat the RIGHT order and its wrong. Seriously between that and the coffee spot manager swearing and yelling at her staff infront of me, im considering writing corporate.
              Considering?

I give a place two chances to not screw up. The McD's closest to my work was complete shit the two times I went in and I've never been back. It's a shame that it's right across the street from a high school, so they get every other stupid kid who doesn't know any better, so they'll never shut down for lack of business.

I did complain to corporate when they refused to give me a receipt after the register didn't print one because they couldn't figure out how to refill the receipt paper. >_<

Quoth wolfie View Post
              I've had a similar experience at the counter, where there's no chance of it being a case of "give my order before recorded message cuts to real person".
              You're going too fast. Some people are like me and can retain a "buffer" of what was just said and "play it back" as they go to get everything done. But a lot of people can't retain information while trying to use it, so you have to slow it down so they can input each part of the order as it comes in.

I've got my pauses at JitB to the point where I am giving the next piece of information just before they start asking for it.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                Considering?

You're going too fast. Some people are like me and can retain a "buffer" of what was just said and "play it back" as they go to get everything done. But a lot of people can't retain information while trying to use it, so you have to slow it down so they can input each part of the order as it comes in.

I've got my pauses at JitB to the point where I am giving the next piece of information just before they start asking for it.

^-.-^
                I do the same whenever I'm at McD (or other fastfood franchises, for that matter) with Lil'Zel - insert pauses in my order.

Most often I'd order something like this:

"Hi, I'd like a Happy Meal with: cheeseburger -- carrots and -- applejuice -- also a medium M Combo Meal -- with coke -- mayo for the fries -- we eat in here".

Surprisingly enough, the order gets smooth through and without any errors almost every time (and the few times something goes wrong, it's often caused by other SCs effing things up. Once I had to wait 20 mins for my order since the staff had to call the cops on a very threatening SC first, hence my fries were stale when I finally got my order - but it got corrected right away once I informed them about it.)
                A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth Pimento View Post
                  UGH at a popular canadian coffee spot, and the mcDs close to me we ALWAYS get a wrong order.

They never fix it and NEVER listen. They repeat the RIGHT order and its wrong. Seriously between that and the coffee spot manager swearing and yelling at her staff infront of me, im considering writing corporate.
                  You should. That manager is behaving very unprofessionally, which is probably stressing the staff, causing them to get orders wrong, causing the manager to yell and swear...it's a vicious cycle. I think a bit of retraining is in order. Perhaps a new manager who knows how to properly work with employees could remedy the situation too.

Seriously, contact corporate. The problem won't get fixed if they don't know about it (true, it might not get fixed anyway, but they won't have the ignorance excuse). You've got nothing to lose.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                  X