This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that's it....

Some old lady: (showing me something from trimmery that is now on clearance) The sign says this is 50% off and the tag says it was $2. How much is this? I'm not very good at math.

O RLY? I think you left "not good at math" territory quite a while ago, and are now venturing into "How the hell do you even function?" land.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Something similar at my work today.

A customer and I were talking about Christmas and I said, "Well, 363 more days until I have to listen to Christmas music again!"

The guy was AMAZED I was able to figure that out easily. "I'd have to pick up my calendar and COUNT all those days! I'd have to pick up last year's calendar and the coming year's calendar and count it there!"

Really? If a year is 365 days long and today is the 27th of December and therefore two days after Christmas, it would make sense that you just subtract two days?
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
      Really? If a year is 365 days long and today is the 27th of December and therefore two days after Christmas, it would make sense that you just subtract two days?

I would contradict that. Most stores start playing Xmas music one month in advance, many radio stations do that too...

Comment

Here's one that I get:

"How many words in a three-line ad?"
        "About 8 to 10, approximately."
        "OK, here's my ad: *Chevrolet 2006 Taurus, 4 door, air conditioning, green, 55,000 miles, new brakes, power windows, power locks, ABS, clean, well maintained, no dents, all service records, asking...(blah blah blah)...How much room do I have left on the 3 lines?"

You're kidding, right?

*Totally made all that up. But you get the idea.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Here's one that I get:

"How many words in a three-line ad?"
          "About 8 to 10, approximately."
          "OK, here's my ad: *Chevrolet 2006 Taurus, 4 door, air conditioning, green, 55,000 miles, new brakes, power windows, power locks, ABS, clean, well maintained, no dents, all service records, asking...(blah blah blah)...How much room do I have left on the 3 lines?"

You're kidding, right?

*Totally made all that up. But you get the idea.
          But I ran all the words together, so they only count as one.

(Inspiring craptomers since 1951)
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            "OK, here's my ad: *Chevrolet 2006 Taurus, 4 door, air conditioning, green, 55,000 miles, new brakes, power windows, power locks, ABS, clean, well maintained, no dents, all service records, asking...(blah blah blah)
            "*Chevrolet* Taurus"...? Uh-huh

Let's see if I can compress that into Classified-speak...

06 grn 4D Taurus, 55K, ABS, AC, clean, new brakes, pwr win/locks, $TripleBlueBook$ OBO

...Is that better? ^_^
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              "*Chevrolet* Taurus"...? Uh-huh

Let's see if I can compress that into Classified-speak...

06 grn 4D Taurus, 55K, ABS, AC, clean, new brakes, pwr win/locks, $TripleBlueBook$ OBO

...Is that better? ^_^
              It's a hybrid.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                It's a hybrid.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIuo0KIqD_E

Comment

Beat me to it
                  "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

That's a great song, I haven't heard that in a loooong time...

Comment

XD oh, sounds like something my dad would do! ah, Johnny I love ya.
                      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

[QUOTE=EricKei;846611]"*Chevrolet* Taurus"...?[QUOTE]

Maybe it's a Red Green project...

Comment

Working...
                        X