This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer tries to pay with an Itunes card

Yesterday in concession a girl gave me what she thought was a gift card to our movie theatre, but instead she gave me an Itunes card! She felt rather embarassed and kept on apologizing. I told her it was fine.
    Later her and a friend came back out to get something else. She apologized again and I told her not to worry, that she made a very tiring and hectic night behind the concession stand more enjoyable by giving me a good laugh. This made her feel better too, and she finally went back to her movie.

I tried to pay for groceries with my theatre reward card once. It was right next to my debit card, and they have similar colors, and I just wasn't paying attention.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I had a customer give me a local department store gift card instead of one of ours. We did have a good laugh about it.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I ran my PetSmart card through the self-scan at the supermarket next door to PetSmart. The machine accepted it.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Tried entering Costco using my security access swipe card from work..couldn't figure out why I was getting a funny look from the door person until my wife pointed it out.
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Not paying attention before I've tried to pay with my library card.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

More times than I can count, people tried using *grocery discount card* at the supercenter, and getting really disgusted with their card until they realized it wasn't the right one.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                I ran my PetSmart card through the self-scan at the supermarket next door to PetSmart. The machine accepted it.
                I know our machine at work will read some info off of cards we don't accept. For example, we don't accept Interac, which a lot of people try and pay with since we have a lot of Canadian customers. They can swipe the card. The machine will read their name off of it (that shows up on my screen) and will ask them to approve the amount, but then it will be inevitable declined.

Though, I've never had anyone try and use a PetSmart card. I think I could have fun playing with my system tonight...
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Heee hee! That was amusing! Went through wallet, found stuff with mag strips, and attempted to post a dummy charge, and resulted in the following:

Movie card - wouldn't even read it
                  Grocery rewards card 1 - read it, immediately declined
                  Grocery rewards card 2 - read it, immediately declined
                  Health insurance card - swiped it, my name popped up on the computer. Clicked "continue". Then it asked me to call the card issuer for authorization.

Comment

A few weeks ago the both the cashier and I spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure out why my Macy's card wouldn't go through. I finally realized it was my Target card. (They're both red with gold flecks.)
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                      Health insurance card - swiped it, my name popped up on the computer. Clicked "continue". Then it asked me to call the card issuer for authorization.
                      Say what?
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I tried to pay with my driver's license once.

Comment

Working...
                        X