This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky + Almost Sucky in the Same Scene

Cos-see-co was PACKED yesterday, and the parking lot was a nightmare to navigate. My little Evil Princess and I were leaving the store with another shopper pushing a heavily laden cart right ahead of us. As we're all starting to cross the lane to the actual parking spots, some jerk in a land ship slams on the brakes and lays on the horn. He had tried to cut off one of the cart retrievers who was currently crossing the lane ahead of him and almost got hit by the carts. The cart retriever had the right of way, and the guy in the big SUV was just plain being a jerk. That was the sucky part.

I comment to the Evil Princess, "What a jerk for not yielding to others."

The lady ahead of us, who had been distracted by the same scene and drifted across our path, looks back over her shoulder with a really embarrassed expression and says "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cut you off!"

It took me a moment to realize that she thought I was calling her a jerk!

I apologize and clear things up, with my little EP laughing the whole time, and the lady and I part without a fight. That could have ended a lot worse!
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Yanno, I've got to give her some credit for apologizing if she though you were talking to her! That's rather classy! I can think of a few people IRL who could take lessons from her
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Working...
    X