This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People keep forgetting their expensive cell phones in the theatre

This may be a crazy coincidence, I don't know. Yesterday I finally got the cell phone that I've been drooling over for years but could never afford, basically any cell phone that has internet access and all those apps on it and stuff, like my personal fav, youtube
    Anyway on to the story. I had my cell phone with me as usual whenever I go to work, and I was showing it off a little. As i was cleaning theatres, twice I found a very expensive cell phone like mine that the customers just seem to have forgotten. Both times I had to race out of the theatre I was cleaning and catch them before they leave. Otherwise I gotta go through the hassle of filling it out in our lost and found folder.
    If people would just stop playing around with their cell phones during the movie and keep it in their pocket, purse, etc., they wouldn't forget it, and it kind of serves them right. These phones have a lot of stuff to do on them, but you go to a movie to watch a movie, not play around with your stupid phone and annoy people in the process as well.
    I just found it such a crazy coincidence that I found 2 expensive cell phones similar to mine the same day I got my new one

Losing a phone in a theater is karma at work, right there.

Comment

That IS Karma, and almost makes up for all the times I want to beat people with their phones when they use them during the movie and blind me!

We must have a dozen phones in our lost & found that have never been claimed, even after we try calling numbers and leaving messages.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        That IS Karma, and almost makes up for all the times I want to beat people with their phones when they use them during the movie and blind me!
        I know what you mean. One time in an almost empty cinema a guy three rows forward was doing just this. Mr Gizmo quietly got up and stood next to him in the row behind and quietly said "excuse me, could you put that away?". The guy jumped right out of his seat and you could hear most of the rest of cinema sniggering.
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Ever since I bought the SpiffyPhone, I've been almost OCD about knowing where it is. I totally don't get people that lose them all the time! Especially with all of their info on them.
          "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

I don't get it, either.

Bosslady's daughter left her iPhone on the counter in a crowded Apple store.

Yeah, she had to replace it.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

This is why I always check my pockets any time I go into or out of a room, or into or out of a theatre, etc. I wouldn't like to lose my phone, even if it isn't all fancy.
              Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                We must have a dozen phones in our lost & found that have never been claimed, even after we try calling numbers and leaving messages.
                Did you have to search through the phones to find those numbers to call, or did they make a noise and display a message like "Oops, left my phone behind. Please call me at ###-####."?

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                  Did you have to search through the phones to find those numbers to call, or did they make a noise and display a message like "Oops, left my phone behind. Please call me at ###-####."?
                  I imagine most people have entries like "home" or "work" or similar. I know mine does.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I have forgotten my phone a few times - but because it was on charge, either at home or in the office. Both of these are relatively secure places. Everywhere else, I keep it in it's holder religiously.

Comment

I've found that not having one at all is really preventing me from losing it.

Comment

That's not nearly as bad as the number of people who leave wallets on the Uscans at work... they put them up on top and leave them when they pay... and forget to pick them up afterward. And, of course, it's MY fault they get stolen!
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
                          Ever since I bought the SpiffyPhone, I've been almost OCD about knowing where it is. I totally don't get people that lose them all the time! Especially with all of their info on them.
                          I'm almost OCD with my phone and it's only a Nokia 6350 flip style. When I do upgrade to one of those SpiffyPhones, it'll be chained to my belt like a redneck wallet.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                            I'm almost OCD with my phone and it's only a Nokia 6350 flip style. When I do upgrade to one of those SpiffyPhones, it'll be chained to my belt like a redneck wallet.
                            I almost went for one of those retractable ID tag cords!

My first cell phone ever was a free brick Nokia phone that I guarded with my life! I freaked out when I didn't know where it was! LOL
                            "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Both my phone and wallet have places in my pants pockets. I'll tap my pockets any time I leave a place where I have had one or the other out just to confirm they're where they belong. The only time I've not had my wallet in my pocket has been when I've had it out to pay for something while still in the car, and only because I can't put it back in very easily.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                              X