Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are certain sweats and shorts I own where all I have to do is sit down and my phone has a 50/50 shot of falling out of its pocket. It happens.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Watch out for that "involuntary pocket tap", though - according to the DC police, this just lets the pickpocket know the location of your valuabes.

Having said that, I still do it...if they get my pen, oh well.

Comment

Quoth Mycroft View Post
        Watch out for that "involuntary pocket tap", though - according to the DC police, this just lets the pickpocket know the location of your valuabes.

Having said that, I still do it...if they get my pen, oh well.
        If they can get around my shirt and slip either item out of my pocket without me noticing, they deserve it!

Not that either item would be of much value to them unless they were interested in stealing my identity, which wouldn't require stealing my wallet to attempt.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

i can't say anything against someone for leaving a cell behind
          ... because i once dropped my whole flippin' wallet.

thankfully it was turned in to lost & found and... it was intact too.

but i'm glad you do go through the trouble of filling out the paperwork.
          cos there's people out there who wouldn't do that.

so ....

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            I had my wallet mailed to me...
            After it had spent a year by the side of US91 near Downey, ID.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

i can't say anything against someone for leaving a cell behind
              My wallet fell out of my purse, once.

Into the ocean.

Just one of many reasons I have nothing to do with purses any longer.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

A bit off topic, but we had a Kindle turned into the lost and found. Was claimed the next day though.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

My phone (a Nokia 6256i) disappeared on me two Sundays ago. I went back to all the places I'd been that Sunday, but nobody had seen it anywhere.

Last sunday, it turned up again. Unfortunately, the place it turned up was at the bottom of a mound of snow at the street end of my driveway that I'd finally gotten around to having cleared out. The LCD was shattered, the hinge was cracked, looks like it had been driven over or at least stepped on, and besides it was full of water, possibly including some road salt as well. Needless to say, it don't work no more.

(Once I dried it out, I was able to replace the LCD and some other parts from another parts donor phone of an almost-identical model (unfortunately that one also had a busted hinge, it's a common problem with these phones) and reassemble it. The resultant Frankenphone does power up, but won't do anything else because the keypad isn't working. Neither is the charging circuitry. I hope I can at least back it up before getting rid of it.)

I have another one on the way from eBuy. Hopefully that one will work. There are reasons I want to stick with this clunky, obsolete model; not least, because I know where all the buttons are, and I know how to reprogram it to do what I want rather than what Verizon wants.

(The story doesn't end there, either. Before I found the replacement 6256i, I bought another "Nokia" phone, only to find out it's only labeled by nokia, but actually built in Korea by some other company I never heard of, and as a result none of the Nokia batteries, chargers or data cables I already have will work with it. Nor do any of the seven or so cellphone stores on Main Avenue have a charger that fits it, not even the Verizon affiliate themselves. This means it's useless as the battery was DOA. Grr.)

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    I imagine most people have entries like "home" or "work" or similar. I know mine does.

^-.-^
                    I very carefully filed my phone and the contacts with things like 'home', 'family', 'doctor'. If it's lost, someone who's kind might return it. If I'm hit by a car or something and the phone survives, some ER orderly can use it to call my family.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

another thing to do is use "ICE" for important contacts

it's suppose to be for "In case of emergency"

Comment

another thing to do is use "ICE" for important contacts

it's suppose to be for "In case of emergency"
                        there was a big campaign about it a while back, at least in this country. You're supposed to have an emergency contact number under that name and any paramedics etc that need to contact someone can just look at that one.
                        "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                        Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
                          I almost went for one of those retractable ID tag cords!

My first cell phone ever was a free brick Nokia phone that I guarded with my life! I freaked out when I didn't know where it was! LOL
                          Sounds like my first cell phone . . a Nokia 100 that was free w/2 year contract (about 15 years ago now.) And I had the black holder w/the clear front so I could still use the buttons with the belt clip so I wouldn't lose it.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                          X