This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say What?

Okay I keep forgetting to post this ....

In this case, I am the customer, the brain burp comes from the employee :-)

I am in labor with my first child. I go to the hospital and enter through the Labor/Delivery wing. I am CLEARLY pregnant! We go to the desk and get assigned an LDR room. Enter the "intake technician".

She starts going down the list of questions - you know, do you have any diseases? are you allergic to any medications? do you have insurance? etc etc etc. And then she says .... Remember, I am in a Labor/Delivery room, clearly pregnant and in labor ....

"Is there a chance you could be pregnant?"

HUH???????????????????

Now I realize it was 2am, but geez, if you're working at 2am you're probably on night shift and should be used to it. And wouldn't the fact that you're in a Labor Room with a clearly pregnant female and an extremely nervous male give you a clue??

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
    "Not for very much longer......"
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

My daughter was born 40 minutes after I showed up at the hospital. I swear the only reason it took that long, is because they insisted on asking me a bunch of questions, some of which were stupid.

They had the contraction belt thing on my belly and were looking at the monitor which showed them my contractions and asked, "Are you having contractions?"

Then my water broke in the parking lot, and gushed some more up on the L&D floor. The nurse looked at my sopping wet pants and asked, "Do you know if your water broke or not?"

Comment

Quoth boringscreenname
        "Do you know if your water broke or not?"
        No I just peed myself...

I mean, some things are obvious....

Comment

Quoth Daemonmonkey View Post
          No I just peed myself laughing at your stupid questions...
          FTFY
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post

HUH???????????????????
            It sounds bizarre, but the number of women, especially younger women, who enter hospitals with your symptoms who have no idea they're pregnant is non-zero.

"You're about to have a baby." --

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
              It sounds bizarre, but the number of women, especially younger women, who enter hospitals with your symptoms who have no idea they're pregnant is non-zero.
              Still, when you are actually in the delivery room it may be a clue .

Welcome to the world, mommy's little vermiform appendix.

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post

"You're about to have a baby." --
                I'd say these women would go to the emergency room. Where my wife gave birth you had to go to the special part of the hospital to get to the delivery rooms and you had to have paperwork filled out to be admitted there.
                Last edited by flyingember; 01-31-2011, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X