This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noooo, the OTHER other door!

The building I work out of used to be two different repair shops. The part I work in used to be the TV/ Radio repair shop and the area where the showroom is now is where another shop used to be.

Almost 2 years ago my boss bought the building and the businesses and expanded the TV side to encompass both stores. The other shop was run by a guy who just wanted to retire, so things worked out.

There are two doors: The main door that goes to the showroom that we have an open sign next to, the business name and the hours sign on and the old double doors. The old double doors we keep locked and sightly tinted. We also have a huge sign on each door that says "OTHER DOOR" with arrows pointing to the new entrance.

About once a month we get someone who hasn't been here since the changes try to open the door. No one really minds this since we DID used to use that door- they pull the door, look at the sign and go the the new entrance. No big deal.

This guy today goes to the first double door, pulls it and starts banging on it. I look at him, point to the new entrance and politely yell "use the other door, please!" He looks at the sign, moves 2 feet to his right to the door with the exact same sign on it and does the same thing.

So, once again I point to the new entrance and politely yell "no, the new entrance." He looks confused and I probably would have had to go out to get him if some lady didn't walk by him and say "there's a new entrance" and walk in to the store ahead of him.

Oy, some people!
    Last edited by Betweenshades; 01-31-2011, 09:24 PM. Reason: clarity
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Didn't you know?

In SC's minds "signs are for other people, not me"...

No matter how many signs you put up, SC's will twist it to say "you're lying to me because <illogical logic>... "

Comment

Quoth Daemonmonkey View Post
      No matter how many signs you put up, SC's will twist it to say "you're lying to me because <illogical logic>... "
      Which I've been saying for awhile now, but your version is MUCH funnier.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
      X