This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little far from home

My daughters boyfriend, i'll call him Jack as that's one of his favorite RPG characters, is a pizza delivery driver. As such, and having been driving a few years AND having a map book of the cities streets, he knows the city darn well. Tonight I get a call from him. Can you Google ThisStreetname. I can't find it anywhere. He says it's by [catholic sounding school name] between treeA street and treeB street.
    So I search every way I can and no such street. So I ask if he has the phone number. Hmmm, I recognize that area code as Boston (we're currently in Indiana). I comment that probably the guy was drunk and giving his Boston address. I ask the address and verify, yes there is that exact address in Boston, according to the USPS, but not in OurCity. Finally after 6 calls he reaches the guy (yes apparently drunk) who insists the address is correct and hangs up. Jack tries again and asks to speak to someone else. Conversation goes somewhat like this
    Jack: Yeah, the address we were given is your old Boston address. I need your address in OurCity
    Customer: I don't understand what you mean. Of course it's a Boston address. We're in Boston.
    Jack: Well I'm afraid I can't deliver your pizza as you called 'storename' in OurCity and we're about 850 miles from Boston. (Yes he knew cause he drove me out here in the uhaul when he and my daughter moved me)
    Customer: You've got to be F**king kidding me!! The a**hat called a pizza place with the exact same name 850 miles from here. (laughter)

Ohmygod, that's hilarious! I bet he'll never live that down!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

ET phone home? Ok it might not be THAT far of a distance, but still .....
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

That is too funny! Not surprising. Spirits tend to make people even more stupid then they are sober.
        Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

That is... Hilarious.
          Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Working...
          X