Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can people in Alabama read a calendar?

I used to work for a company that set up phone interviews with people for health insurance. Alot of older people, but not all old people. Got a call from a man in alabama on a thursday to set up his interview. I scheduled him for the following wednesday around the mid-morning. Here is the conversation on that tuesday (the day BEFORE his appointment) when he called back and I got him again..

Me: Hello, my name is Dave. How can I help you?
    Cust: Someone was supposed to call me to do my phone interview. I've been sitting here all day!
    Me: When was your interview set up for (I asked this as I checked the schedule)
    Cust: It was set up for Wednesday at (I forget the exact time)
    Me: Uhhh....you know today is tuesday right sir?? (had to stop myself from laughing out loud)
    Cust: Oh, that's right! (He had 'Gee, I'm an idiot' tone of voice now)
    Me: OK. Have a nice day

I just shook my head as he hung up the phone.

I live in Alabama and I can vouch for people here not knowing how the read a calendar.. My land lord constantly comes on the 15th even though rent is not due until the 16th.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Nah, that's pretty much all over the country. I get this every week:

Customer: Why is it too late to get my ad in for the weekend?
      Me: Well, the deadline is Thursday.
      Customer: But today is Thursday!
      Me: No, today is Friday.
      Customer: Oh. It is?

They can't tell time, either. We used to have a noon deadline for some stuff. I'd get people calling in around 3:00 or later who, when informed they had missed the noon deadline, would huff, "well, what time is it?" in this shocked tone of voice, as if they had no idea it was that long past noon.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

This is why my (analog) watch has BOTH the date AND day of the week on it!
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Not exclusive to any state. I can be bad at this . However, as always the SC's take it to an all new level.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Hell, I still ocassionally mess up on what day of the week it is... but that's hold over from the days when I used to just laze around the house, jobless, plus, I had a FUCKING stroke...
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I've had that happen to me too on occasion . . . and some days I find myself having to remind my mother of what day of the week it is.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
              X