This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• but... my kids REALLY like these

one time i was just on desk at work (library) and a woman came up to renew some items. At my library we give 2 renewals, and books are 25 cents per day late. Well, as i was saying this one woman came in with her books to renew, and i had to unfortunately tell her that she was all out of renewals and they were overdue. She then proceeded to say...

Patron: Well, my kids really like these books, so can't you renew them ONE more time?
    Me: No m'am, the computer blocks it if I try to renew.
    P: Well, can't you over-ride it somehow, because my kids will be upset if they can't keep these books.
    M: No m'am, there is no way for me to over-ride it.
    P: Well, what about your manager?

I then brought my manager out and he said the exact same thing i did. So, she finally reluctantly returned them.... a little while later she came back up with a whole stack of new books and wanted to check them out... but the computer blocked her because of fines....

P: Well, can't you waive the fines because my kids liked the books so much???

-facepalm-

If her kids liked the books so much she should perhaps look into buying them . She might even save money.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. If I like a book enough after checking it out at the library, it's likely I'll make plans to purchase my own copy when I have the money to do so.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Me too. I love going to the library and reading books. I used to be able to buy them, if I liked them.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Working...
        X