Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just an average day (in which there are many ellipses and parenthetical references)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
    <Awesome Closing Announcement>
    That's great

I actually don't have a regular phone voice (for personal calls), however my voice goes up for work calls.

My Vent/In Game voice is decidedly lower than my normal voice though :P

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
      awesome closing announcement
      My dad used to DJ and still occasionally will do the "DJ Voice" and was goofing off doing it at work on break, and one of his coworker/sup's was like
      yes! that voice! I needs it!

apparently this person was a BSA troop leader and they were doing a banquet and needed a recording of a scripted thing for the "Eagle" .... Dad was like.... "ooo-kay.... sure... " apparently it was perfect and went over really well....
      I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Hmm. Both my announcement and professional phone voices are deeper, and...smoother is the best way to put it. My regular phone voice changes a lot based on who's calling, I've got at least 4, boyfriend, other friends, parents, and unknown number, although unknown number is almost indistinguishable from professional phone voice.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

My "phone voice" makes me sound like I'm 5.

Honestly, I'm asked how old I am every time I call someone I've never talked to before.

Me: "Hi, this is Skeen with Super Rich Guy's Oil Company, can I speak with (whoever)?"
          Them: ..... "How old are you?"
          Me: "28."
          Them: ......

Comment

I use the same voice for the phone as I do for in-person interactions. But I have different inflection for dealing with customers as opposed to co-irkers, and some of the ones within ear-shot of me when I'm doing something like, say, dunning calls, will ask who the hell I am and what I did with the real me.

One of the salespeople I work with goes into what I call "little girl voice" when she talks on the phone. For whatever reason, she loses all ability to project and gets all squeaky sounding.

Then of course, there are the guys and their "chick voices." My brother does this, as does a certain co-irker who is also a real dog. I mock them both when they do it around me.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My accent tends to go on a world tour if I stop paying attention to it.

One of the people in the class I was in before I dropped it didn't believe that I'd been in the class, even though we sat next to each-other.

"But the guy next to me was Irish!"
              Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Yeah, I tend to pick up accents, too.

Had one guy call from Texas once who refused to believe that I wasn't from his home town. At that point, the closest I'd been to Texas was during a flight to Chicago. And another person once thought I was from England because my Welsh co-worker had been talking to her family while planning a trip back to the old country.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Blade View Post
                  * A guy pulled out his Swiss Army knife while I was ringing him up, then said he was looking for his scissors... he didn't get them out- I am pretty sure that's the first time I've seen someone give the impression of actively playing with their knife without actually opening it, which is kind of odd in itself (but legally a damn good move).

So he stuck it back in his pocket (I think), and started making snipping motions at me with his hands. I think I made a sort of "whu?" face, 'cause then he said he wanted to cut off my braids.

CUT OFF YOUR HAIR?

Oh HELL NO!
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
                  X