This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Really Should Know That By Now

This happened tonight, and I nearly busted a gut laughing about it.

I was working cash tonight and K was working in Customer Service. The store manager, B, came up with two parts and told K to do up a replacement for them both. She asked him if he wanted her to do them under the store's name or his and he said to do it under him.

She pressed the return button to enter the return screen, turned to him, and asked "What's your name?"

What she meant to ask was "What's your phone number?" as we need to enter that information first before we can start a return. Didn't stop me and B from laughing at her or me from saying that she's been here for two years now and then quoting the thread title.

Of course, she laughed about it too, so we weren't just ganging up on her. Plus, she would have been laughing at me if I had done that so I feel perfectly justified in teasing her about it.
    my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
    it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Cute.

I had a co-worker once who got her words mixed up on the phone. She said "Hello, this is classified advertising, Bertha speaking, can you help me?" (instead of "can I help you?")

*note, her name wasn't actually Bertha
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
    X