This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sucky, just stupid

So I happen to work at one fast food restaurant to put myself through college (the one with the big arches) and my boyfriend works at another one (starts with a W). I happened to be meeting up with him after work one day and I got off a little bit before him so I came into his work to meet him while still in my uniform. I was out in the lobby by their beverage station, with my purse over my shoulder, and I was leaning against a wall texting my friend.
    Then this happens:

SG - stupid guy
    Me

SG - hey, you are out of lemons, can you get more? (i hear this, but I'm not really paying attention to him and don't even look over at him and continue texting. At this point, I don't even realize he is talking to me)
    SG - hey, can I have more lemons? (I think it's weird that he repeats himself, but continue not looking at him and ignoring him)
    He now walks over to me and touches my arm to alert me that he is talking to me.
    SG - hey, you're out of lemons, can you go get me some more?
    Me - uhmmm? what?
    SG - (finally noticing that I have on a uniform that says the name of MY store, not the store he is in) Do you work here?
    Me - No...
    SG - Oh, well I guess you don't want to get me lemons then.

I actually found this really funny considering his reaction, but I mean, really? Even if I DID work there I had my purse on and was texting and not paying attention to him I was clearly off the clock so why would he think I should help him? I know this happens a lot at my work, but this was the first time I've been asked to assist someone where I don't even work.

SG - Oh, well I guess you don't have to get me lemons then.
    Fixed it.

Because, really, did he think you could have gotten him lemons if you didn't work there?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

This reminds me of something I saw in my store last summer. A woman came in to my store wearing her uniform from a competitor store and she came on my line. She told me that 3 people were asking her to find items for her thinking that she worked here! A lot of people will call our store by the name of the competitor store for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
      X