Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I should really use my day planner more...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should really use my day planner more...

So, Hubby and I have been freaking out about paying bills this week. The whole month we've been broke. According to my checkbook, we've been quickly running out of money all month, and though we haven't been super frugal, we haven't been that spendy, either. Hubby asked me where the money went, and I was ashamed that I couldn't tell him...

until tonight, when I got bored and decided to flip through and update my day planner, and found a pay stub from the beginning of the month that I never recorded in my checkbook. It was a nice, fat paycheck, too (had some extra hours on it).

If I'd bothered to actually, you know, use my day planner at all during the month, I would have noticed that a lot sooner. I put the check in my checkbook and ta-da! Money! Enough to cover groceries and get caught up on the bills! So, no pressing financial emergencies after all. (And yes, while I did notice that my account balance online didn't match my checkbook, I'm always recording bills in my checkbook weeks ahead of time, so they never match up anyways. Though it did seem higher than I thought it should be...)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Don't you just love that. LOL It's almost like going through old purses and wallets and somehow you missed a twenty when you were changing from one to another.

It's almost like Christmas all over again. :P
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Quoth surreal20 View Post
      Don't you just love that. LOL It's almost like going through old purses and wallets and somehow you missed a twenty when you were changing from one to another.

It's almost like Christmas all over again. :P
      I love finding stuff in old jackets/purses etc. Once, shortly after now-Hubs and I moved in together, I came home and he showed off the pile of change he collected from going through my clothes in the closet. He was like, "See, you have money!" I got really mad. I was like, "You're supposed to leave those in the pockets! I was saving that to surprise myself with later!"
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

ROFL that's the best comeback!
        I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

the deposit didn't show up online? I always check my register against the online transactions.....then check the ones in my register that show up so I know what's not come out yet (or gone in)
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

There was a extreme clean house show one time where they found over 12 THOUSAND dollars in books, clothes, old wallets, purses, couches, fallen behind dressers, ect...

That's when you know you don't pay attention.

Comment

Congratulations.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                There was a extreme clean house show one time where they found over 12 THOUSAND dollars in books, clothes, old wallets, purses, couches, fallen behind dressers, ect...
                My old boss once used $800 for a bookmark... in cash. Then put the book back on the shelf.

It's a good thing that the next person who needed that book was one of the more scrupulous employees.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                  the deposit didn't show up online? I always check my register against the online transactions.....then check the ones in my register that show up so I know what's not come out yet (or gone in)
                  It did show up online. I wasn't checking it against my register, though. I check my statements against my register like once every couple months. Hey, at least I get around to it eventually! (Hubby just looks at his balance to see if he has money or not. I cringe at his method.)

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                    It did show up online. I wasn't checking it against my register, though. I check my statements against my register like once every couple months. Hey, at least I get around to it eventually! (Hubby just looks at his balance to see if he has money or not. I cringe at his method.)
                    My bf does that, he keeps no register and just relies on the online looking at the balance thing. I could NOT live like that.
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                      Here's a method worth cringing ....

We run a book fair company for schools. My husband schedules a book fair, looks at the number of students they have and projects the amount of money we *will* make. For example, school has 100 students. He says oh well then each student will spend $10, so we will have $1000. Never mind that not every student will purchase, nor will they all spend the magic $10. Oh no, he says "we have $1000!!!!" And then he proceeds to spend that money, that we don't HAVE YET. And he just can't understand why his checks are bouncing

Comment

Working...
                      X