This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, that's a good deal!

So hubby and I were at the supermarket with the kidlets today.

We were picking up some popcorn when two ladies walked past. They were talking loudly, so we couldn't help but overhear.

Lady 1 "$3.25 each?! That's way too much!"
    Lady 2 "But look, it's on sale, 2 for $7."
    Lady 1 "Oh, that's a good deal!" *grabs and walks off with Lady 2.

Hubby and I facepalmed and made jokes the rest of the way. I told him I had to post it here.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

I've seen that before. More expensive to buy the 'sale' price, but people do it anyway without even thinking it through.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I've seen that at the local HT. A 9-pack of TP will be on sale, while the 6-pack is not. But 2 9-packs at the sale price cost more than 3 6-packs at the regular price.

Flowchart available upon request.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The tone of her voice just killed it. She was so dissapointed that one was $3.25. But then 2 for 7 just made her day. She practically skipped out of the aisle.
        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

That's just sad.

If I were there, I would have facepalmed too. After picking my jaw up from the floor first, of course.
          my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
          it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

...a tax on people who are bad at maths.

Comment

I remember chuckling once at a sign on a bin of goods that said, "$1.50 EACH, 2 FOR $4.00!"

I, on the other hand, grabbed a bag of mixed bell peppers at the grocery store the other day (one red, one orange and one green pepper). I made it about three steps before I turned around, grabbed one of each pepper from the loose bins, weighed them with the scale, multiplied the weights by the price per pound, totaled it in my head then put the bag of mixed peppers back because I realized I would be paying about a buck more for the mixed bag than I would buying them loose.
              You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Working...
              X