This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color is this?!

BG: I work in a big box home improvement store in the paint department. We have some "oops" paint (tinted paint that for some reason the original requester didn't want/returned) on clearance on a shelf at the outside corner of the desk. Each paint has a big bright yellow sticker with how much it used to cost and how much it is marked down, and it has a big smear of the paint on the lid (dried of course) to show what color it is.

SC:walks up to the desk Do you guys have any paint that people didn't want?
    Me: Yes ma'am, right over at the corner of the desk here. walking over to the shelf to show her
    SC:Okay thanks She starts looking at the various paints, so I go back inside the desk area Hey! Hey you! What color is this?
    Me: The colors are all marked on the lids, ma'am.
    SC: Yes but what color is this? Is it gray?
    Me: I go over to her, and she's holding up a gallon of paint. I look at the color on the lid I'd say it's a pale yellow, ma'am. (It's about the color of this text...
    SC: So it's not gray?
    Me: No, ma'am..
    SC: oh.. she puts the gallon back on the shelf and wanders off..
    Me:
    "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Maybe she was color blind...?
    "Did you at least ascertain the nature of his curse so that I may know the monstrosity that I face? ... A GIRL? He was... Turned into a girl? WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT?" -EGS http://egscomics.com

Comment

Quoth noone View Post
      Maybe she was color blind...?
      I am color blind and even the colors I “can’t” see don’t come out as grey.

For those interested I am red green color blind. And all that means is some shades of red or green look like the same color to me.

I recommend heading over to you tube and looking up “hey ash” + “color blind” for a hilarious video that explains it well.

Comment

I'm wondering what she wants gray paint for. That just seems like an odd color to want to use.

Comment

Depends on the shade of gray. I'm actually planning to paint my living room gray.
          Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

~ Oh well, a touch of grey ~ kinda suits you anyway ~

============

found the video. Awesome, and yet so wrong, on so many levels ("I F***ING KNEW IT!")
            Last edited by EricKei; 05-17-2011, 05:56 AM. Reason: addendum
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              ~ Oh well, a touch of grey ~ kinda suits you anyway ~

============

found the video. Awesome, and yet so wrong, on so many levels ("I F***ING KNEW IT!")
              "Groovy, man!"

Here's the video, if anyone's interested.

Back on topic, it's possible the customer was color blind, though that's rather rare in women. I know color blindness covers the whole spectrum; my FIL can't see any colors at all, as opposed to Hermit's red-green version.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth HermitIX View Post
                I am color blind and even the colors I “can’t” see don’t come out as grey.

For those interested I am red green color blind. And all that means is some shades of red or green look like the same color to me.
                So by the same color do they look red or green? Since it isn't gray....

My mother couldn't tell blue or green, and any blue/green combo drove her crazy. She would have to compare it to something she KNEW was blue or green to figure it out. But red and green are so different that I'm not sure how that works.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

All I could think of is "colorblind". Its just weird for someone to mistake yellow and gray.

Comment

Methinks y'all are giving her too much benefit of the doubt. Sounds to me like she didn't even look at the paint splotch (or assumed it wasn't relevant).
                    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                    What's the difference?
                    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

There are different forms of colorblindness. There is a type in which the world looks like a black/white picture, but it's extremely rare.

But this:

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
                      Methinks y'all are giving her too much benefit of the doubt. Sounds to me like she didn't even look at the paint splotch (or assumed it wasn't relevant).
                      Yeah.
                      Women can do anything men can.
                      But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                      Maxine

Comment

I think maybe the paint can was grey and she thought the can color was also the paint color.
                        https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                          My mother couldn't tell blue or green, and any blue/green combo drove her crazy.
                          My friend's cousin is like that.
                          ......../\
                          ....../__\
                          ..../\...../\
                          ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                            I think maybe the paint can was grey and she thought the can color was also the paint color.
                            a valiant effort but no.. this particular can is navy blue.
                            "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                              So by the same color do they look red or green? Since it isn't gray....
                              from what I have read on the subject red/green colour blindness makes red or green things look a kind of dingy green. This page has some good pictures showing what colour blindness makes things look like.
                              "My experience has taught me one thing. A shaved cat is much angrier than an unshaved cat."
                              Chester Holiday Apartment

Comment

Working...
                              X