This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The gas got stuck....honest....

I was driving to work at a fast food joint as usual. Everything seemed normal. Until I neared the parking lot and noticed the huge mass of people and cars in the parking lot, the police cars, and the tow truck. Oh yeah and THE CAR PARKED ON TOP OF OUR "ENTER" SIGN!! All four tires of the car were off the ground and the undercarriage of the sedan was resting on the very mutilated "ENTER" sign marking the driveway to our parking lot. A very flustered group of teen girs were being questioned by a police officer. However, it wasn't until I got inside that I got the whole story.
    The girl driving claims a car in front of her cut her off and she had to swerve towards the sign to avoid it, but the gas pedal got stuck and he breaks wouldn't work. So somehow the gas and the breaks malfunctioned at the same time right when she got cut off.
    One of my coworkers who parked his car just befor it all happened said she was approaching the driveway (way too fast) decided to turn at the last second, probably hit the gas by mistake and plowed the sign. No other cars came near her. In the end the little car was so stuck, they needed 2 tow trucks to grab it on either end and swing it off it's pearch
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

was it a Toyota at all?
    "My experience has taught me one thing. A shaved cat is much angrier than an unshaved cat."
    Chester Holiday Apartment

Comment

That's funny. Glad everyone, if not everything, is alright.
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

"Um, daddy, mummy, you'll never GUESS what happened today! And, no I wasn't texting at the time....why do you ask?"

OK, OK, maybe not. Just seems to happen a lot.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Alephcat View Post
          was it a Toyota at all?
          No I think it was a GrandAm
          Answers: $1
          Correct Answers: $2
          Answers that require thought: $5
          Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Speaking of stuck gas pedals, I was rear ended by a Volvo in 1972. The driver claimed that the gas pedal got stuck. Whatever, his insurance company paid for the damage. Fast forward a few years, and I got a job working for the federal agency (NHTSA) that does automobile safety recalls. It turns out that here was a recall for that guy's car for sticking accelerators.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

having a poke around it would appear that the accelerator pedals getting stuck is not as uncommon as you might think, it is just that most of the time the get stuck off.
              "My experience has taught me one thing. A shaved cat is much angrier than an unshaved cat."
              Chester Holiday Apartment

Comment

I had an old car where the return spring on the pedal started catching on something somewhere, so my gas pedal would get stuck all the time. Strangely, enough, I figured out about 2 seconds after the first time it happened that if I pulled it back up with my foot, I wouldn't be in danger of running into anything. Fancy that.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My wifes accelerator started to stick. I sprayed the peddle, the cable, the pulleys and spring return with WD40. Don't stick no more.

This actually reminds me of a stuck accelerator story that might go here.
                  You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Working...
                  X