This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not paying $9 for my $5 bill!

A woman came on my line with two things: a package of ribs and a thing of soap. She had a raincheck for the ribs to get them for 79 cents a pound. After checking with the manager that she has the correct package and how much to take off, the manager tells me to take $9.15 off. So after I do that, her total comes to $5.83. I tell her the total, and she asks this:

The ribs were $9.15? How many pounds were they (it was 5.38 pounds)? How could that be when they are 79 cents a pound? Take it off!

One problem here though: Her total was only $5.83. How could an item be $9.15 (no, the soap wasn't negative $4 and she had no coupons or anything)? She thought the $9.15 that I was actually deducting from the total was what I had made the price of the ribs.

Y' might want to take another shot at explaining what went on......... Why did the manager tell you to take $9.15 off?
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

$9.15 was the scanned price of the ribs minus what they would cost at 79 cents a pound, which is what was taken off using the raincheck.

Comment

I've had that argument before.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

So the ribs would have been 13.40 if she hadn't had the raincheck? (.79 *5.38 +9.15) I want them at that bargain

Comment

Yup, it was certainly a great deal!

Comment

Working...
            X