Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Try... That's not early, it's late!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Try... That's not early, it's late!

Something I've seen as a middle-man between hotels and guests--

Guest will make a reservation at a hotel, let's say for July 22 for one night. Guest will then write in and ask for an early check-in, around 1am.

Um, nice try... That's not an early check-in, that's a late one for the night before! I just pass it along to the hotel (by email) so they can give the official "Nope, not gonna work." They can try, but I know the hotel's going to tell them "sure, you can do that... for an extra <cost of 1 night's stay>."

Seriously, do they think hotels and hotel aggregation websites are that dumb?

Those ones aren't the worst...the worst are these:

"I'm coming in for a wedding, can I get into my room at 7am?"

Sure, if you buy the night before...otherwise, check in time is 3pm or so, so you're gambling with a "maybe". The 1am people usually at least understand the charge for the previous night...
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I've seen those people too, and that's usually the hotel's response. I never keep the numbers to follow up with their decision, but I have a feeling a lot of them respond "but whhyyyyyy"

Comment

Oh, I get these so often. Trying to explain it can be a hassle as well. People just can't comprehend that just because the calendar changes the day doesn't mean the hotel business day changes at the same time. Ugh.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth Moon View Post
          I've seen those people too, and that's usually the hotel's response. I never keep the numbers to follow up with their decision, but I have a feeling a lot of them respond "but whhyyyyyy"
          Don't forget "But it my weeeeddddiiiiiiing! I NEEEEEEEEEEEEED to be in my roooooooooooom so I can get reeeeaaaaadyyyyyyyyy!"

Cripes, ever thought of planning ahead?
          "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
          "What IS fun to fight through?"
          "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
            Oh, I get these so often. Trying to explain it can be a hassle as well. People just can't comprehend that just because the calendar changes the day doesn't mean the hotel business day changes at the same time. Ugh.
            What's weird, though, is that if you're working night audit, you DO audit the day's take at midnight. This is true even if you have as-yet-no-shows in non-guaranteed reservation status. Or (and my personal favorite "why in hell do we do it that way?!") even if the effing restaurant bar is still open! The computer would roll over and give me the POS totals for the evening about 90 minutes before they stopped doing business. Then I'd have to go back in and manually enter the additional money from the receipts into the day's totals, and cancel out the stuff from after midnight the previous night.

I never understood why I couldn't come in and do the audit at, say, noon, between check-in and check-out.

Comment

Working...
            X