This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's stuck on Spanish!

Was processing returns this morning and had a note come through with a DVD of the Borrowers: "This movies is dubbed in Spanish and won't change!"

I was dubious. Unless the DVD was specifically a Spanish language disc it can't just get 'stuck' in Spanish, right?

Pop the disc in my work computer. Widescreen & standard versions play perfectly in English when I select them. No dubbing. Not even Spanish subtitles.

I'm thinking the issue's on their end.

The DVD's gone out 92 times (with 23 renewals). If we'd accidentally gotten a busted disc or a Spanish version, maybe one of them would have told us?
    Last edited by camjuniper; 10-19-2011, 06:22 PM. Reason: edited to add circ stats

OMG! I love that movie. A young Tom Felton. *swoons*
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
      OMG! I love that movie. A young Tom Felton. *swoons*
      Tom Felton is in that movie?

*checks Wiki* ah now I remember
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

That takes me back to my childhood! Awesome movie!
        My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

Quoth camjuniper View Post
          Was processing returns this morning and had a note come through with a DVD of the Borrowers: "This movies is dubbed in Spanish and won't change!"

The DVD's gone out 92 times (with 23 renewals). If we'd accidentally gotten a busted disc or a Spanish version, maybe one of them would have told us?
          I've got a DVD that comes up with the subtitles every time, not a clue why. I just go in and stop it.

BUT, if that disc had that problem, I'm sure somebody would've let y'all know by now!

Sounds like someone don't know how to operate their DVD player! Surprising, no?
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            I've got a DVD that comes up with the subtitles every time, not a clue why. I just go in and stop it.
            I have several DVDs that have subtitles enabled when they start. They're films that have been released by Disney.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

For whatever reason, the default on my parents' DVD player is for Spanish audio. I imagine theirs is a similar situation. We can't be bothered to figure out how to change the default, so we just switch it when it happens.
              NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

I had a cable box get stuck on SAP once, took me all of 5 minutes to unplug it and run it back to the cable office since I was headed to grocery shop anyways. My spanish is OK for tourist use, but not good enough to watch TV. It was one of the ancient Scientific American cable boxes Charter Communications used to use. I think we had it for almost 10 years by that time

You occasionally have to be careful with Netflix online streaming, every now and again the sound quality sucks and you can not hear the film, or once it was in Russian with Chinese subtitles [one of the Asterix DVDs. I ended up buying it anyway, so I got it in french with assorted subtitles. At least I can function in French =)]
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Weird. I've been doing Netflix streaming heavily for a couple of years and have never had anything unusual happen with the sound.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                  X