This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Hours Late

So. I closed last night, right? Probably about 3:00 before I got home. And I was scheduled to be there at 11:00 this morning, when the store opened. Done it before; annoying, especially when I can't get to sleep, but no big deal.

. . . at least, I thought so, until I woke up and stared blearily at a cell phone that said it was 12:50.

I was actually closer to two and a half hours late (I had to call a cab, since I don't drive, which takes a while--but not nearly as long as the bus) when I finally staggered into the restaurant.

Thing is . . . I think this restaurant must be in Bizarro-world, or else restaurants in general exist on a different plane from the universe. Because the opening host (she has to get there at 10:30) made sure to let me know that everything was all right, and that the manager knew I'd closed last night, and she was glad I'd got enough sleep because she finally managed to get a good night's sleep last night and it's awesome isn't it?, and lunch was slow and she managed just fine. (We're generally pretty slow on Mondays, which is a good thing because, at least for the last few weeks, we've also been out of several varieties of food. *headdesk*) And then insisted that I go order myself lunch.

Oh, and I'm apparently getting two days off next week because the manager says he's been overworking me. Despite the fact that I hear that six days is actually pretty standard for this restaurant.

. . .

I'm going to be really, really disappointed when I have to move from magical-fairy-restaurant-land into a real job, aren't I?

Quoth akilika View Post
    I'm going to be really, really disappointed when I have to move from magical-fairy-restaurant-land into a real job, aren't I?
    There, there. It's allright. Have some choccies....
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
    X