This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messed up jetsort

Well in the cage we get to have lovely jetsorts (which sort out pennies, dimes, nickels, quarters, etc) that are very handy. Well in order to be able to use them a cashier has to "buy" them. Basically it just means if any other cashier runs money in it the cashier who bought it will pay them at the end of the night. And the cashier who bought it just writes down the bag total and if there are any bags on the floor.

Now, I don't normally buy them. In the window I am in, I'm not really supposed to. Well, the person who normally buys it was running late and we needed to open it. So I was rushed and I opened it really fast.

Normally you're supposed to clear the "Day" NOT the "bags." Well, my idiot self cleared the bags. Basically I cleared all the bags hanging from the jetsort. So, at the end of the night I was NOT going to balance.

And in doing so I made it so the quarter bag was over filled and messed that up even more.

I didn't notice this mistake until later when I was closing out for the night and my jetsort didn't balance. I told the SM what I did wrong and she was trying to help me fix it.

And its a well known rule that you DO NOT buy the jet until the previous person has balanced it. I had not and Cashier (let's call her A) A bought it before I had fixed it. So that bascially screwed her and me. And she ran money in it. Hmmm.

SO, I was short a good nine hundred dollars and we had to re-run all the bags through the jetsort. So bascially I looked like a dumbass and I messed up the jet for the rest of the night for A.

I was wondering why the hell A bought the jetsort before I balanced anyway! But it was my fault for clearing the bags... In the end I was only a dollar short.
Working...
X