This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, that's on me...

At my work, we create technical dispatch cases as a way to track the steps taken in a dispatch. Often times, a customer will call in after business hours about a relatively minor issue, and request a case be created, but that the MSS/Shop/Tech not be called out until the next morning, so we have to defer the case--this takes two steps: 1) Updating the Case Status to Deferred, and 2) Setting a Deferral date and time. When the case comes off deferral, it pages out the case owner and notifies them that it needs to be followed up on, and dispatched.

Today I got an IM from one of the guys checking out old cases. Apparently I set up a case without a deferral time, so it just sat there for 3 weeks without anyone touching it, and it never escalated/paged anyone. Oops. Thankfully no one was mad, and the shop had gone out of their own accord, but still. Big oops on my part. Just felt like sharing.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford
Working...
X